•  
Advertise here

Tesla roadside recovery for electric charging

Derick

7 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

I feel sorry for EV stuck on Sharjah to Dubai or vice versa traffic in the middle of summer with AC on full blast which takes battery. Just imagine you run out of battery on a hot summer day in traffic.

I'm not technically inclined, but normal cars dynamo charges the battery, I've even heard Porche EV uses energy fro brakes. These are components within a car which could help recharge the battery on the move. Or am I wrong?

You are right, but the overall contribution of regenerative braking is very small. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

8 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

I feel sorry for EV stuck on Sharjah to Dubai or vice versa traffic in the middle of summer with AC on full blast which takes battery. Just imagine you run out of battery on a hot summer day in traffic.

I'm not technically inclined, but normal cars dynamo charges the battery, I've even heard Porche EV uses energy fro brakes. These are components within a car which could help recharge the battery on the move. Or am I wrong?

Most electric cars regenerate the braking energy to preserve battery life.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, treks said:

You are right, but the overall contribution of regenerative braking is very small. 

Totally agree and I have seen this live on BMW hybrid to charge a peony battery for 12 miles range they have to take atleast 100 miles on petrol.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.