•  
Advertise here

What's the use of daytime running lights?

Derick

15 minutes ago, Derick said:

What's the actual and practical use of daytime running lights, other than the pretty looks?

DRL's increases the visibility of your car, so that other drivers can see you on the road, it looks kool too !!

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

DRL's increases the visibility of your car, so that other drivers can see you on the road, it looks kool too !!

Really.....?

If person cannot see 3 feet wide metal object in "daylight" he needs new eye test.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Confused (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

8 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Really.....?

If person cannot see 3 feet wide metal object in "daylight" he needs new eye test.

It's mostly for countries that are dark as in cloudy and overcast most of the year even during daytime. 

It's mandatory in Canada. Surprised someone from the US doesn't know this?

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Really.....?

Have you ever noticed vehicles with DRL's and no DRL's on your rear view mirror when driving on highways ?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, desertdude said:

It's mostly for countries that are dark as in cloudy and overcast most of the year even during daytime. 

Agree, not only in Canada or the US but also now in Asian countries especially in India its mandatory for the manufacturers to equip AHO function for the two wheelers !

By the way, Car manufacturers these days are launching newer model every year with minimal cosmetic changes, which is mainly by fitting DRL's to the bumpers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

Have you ever noticed vehicles with DRL's and no DRL's on your rear view mirror when driving on highways ?

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, desertdude said:

SURPRISE.

Damn flags on profiles are super small.

Image result for malaysia vs us flag

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

image.png

I'm sorry If I sounded offensive in any way, What I meant is that if you notice the vehicles with DRL's are more visible in the mirrors than the others without the DRL's

By the way - Whats this post supposed to mean... treat everyone equally ? no matter about the brands ? When you leave the world. you cant take even a drop of blood ? haha - I believe Its not what you take when you leave this world behind you, Its what you leave behind you when you go

Edited by MATHEW FELEX
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

SURPRISE.

Damn flags on profiles are super small.

Image result for malaysia vs us flag

Ah! That's makes sense

Just now, MATHEW FELEX said:

I'm sorry If I sounded offensive in any way, What I meant is that if you notice the vehicles with DRL's are more visible in the mirrors than the others without the DRL's

By the way - Whats this post supposed to mean... treat everyone equally ? no matter about the brands ? When you leave the world. you cant take even a drop of blood ? haha - I believe Its not what you take when you leave this world behind you, Its what you leave behind you when you go

Yeah and preferably not a car wreck

A simple example more relevant here. When ever there is a sand storm or heavy rain. How much more visible are the cars with their lights on compared to the ones that don't have them on

• Like (+1) 2