•  
Advertise here

What's the use of daytime running lights?

Derick

Chill @MATHEW FELEX I was just kidding all along, bored today.

@desertdude you win too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Chill @MATHEW FELEX I was just kidding all along, bored today.

@desertdude you win too.

@Gaurav - hilarious-memes-that-say-youre-just-kidding.png.881e9599003813c7b59a77c8380fc184.png

3 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

@Gaurav - me too !! hilarious-memes-that-say-youre-just-kidding.png.881e9599003813c7b59a77c8380fc184.png

• Haha (+1) 3

Thanks guys for so many responses.

Why can't we use parking light (half headlight switch) instead of DRL that can also offer better visibility to vehicle behind me in low visibility area or weather?

I'm more concerned from vehicle behind me than how do I look for vehicle in front of me.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Derick said:

Why can't we use parking light (half headlight switch) instead of DRL that can also offer better visibility to vehicle behind me in low visibility area or weather?

I'm more concerned from vehicle behind me than how do I look for vehicle in front of me.

Always recommend to use parking lights that can offer better visibility during day time with low visibility/ weather.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Derick said:

Take it up with the likes of US DOT

• Like (+1) 1

DRL are more bright, crisp and visible than parking lights in two way narrow city roads. At least in UK, European and many Asian cities they have narrow two-way roads within busy cities, not sure about US though.

So in bad weather or poor visibility these DRL are blessing.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

DRL are more bright, crisp and visible than parking lights in two way narrow city roads. At least in UK, European and many Asian cities they have narrow two-way roads within busy cities, not sure about US though.

So in bad weather or poor visibility these DRL are blessing.

image.png

DRL or daytime running lights do not only refer to the new LED type lights coming on new cars, it means front headlights on at all times. If you spot an old camry or corolla driving with its headlights on in the middle of the day. Most probably its a US or Canadian import. 

Here this might be useful
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/22/2019 at 12:46 PM, MATHEW FELEX said:

DRL's increases the visibility of your car, so that other drivers can see you on the road, it looks kool too !!

Totally agree! . I have noticed exceptionally when DRL's are on and has helped me to navigate efficiently. 

But ofcors these are invisible for people who change lanes without considering other people and forgetting the purpose of using indicator lights. 

giphy.gif

• Totally Agree (+2) 2