Jump to content

UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Adnoc oil change | Best car battery | Best engine oil | Best fuel efficient cars | Best resale value cars | Car detailing | Dubai police fines discount | Salik recharge | Tasjeel comprehensive test |
P0335 | P0170 | P0299 | P200A | P2237 | P2056 | P2251 | P2271 | P2231 | P2253 | P2425 | P0690 | P2253

Derick

What's the use of daytime running lights?

Recommended Posts

What's the actual and practical use of daytime running lights, other than the pretty looks?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Derick said:

What's the actual and practical use of daytime running lights, other than the pretty looks?

DRL's increases the visibility of your car, so that other drivers can see you on the road, it looks kool too !!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

DRL's increases the visibility of your car, so that other drivers can see you on the road, it looks kool too !!

Really.....?

If person cannot see 3 feet wide metal object in "daylight" he needs new eye test.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Really.....?

If person cannot see 3 feet wide metal object in "daylight" he needs new eye test.

It's mostly for countries that are dark as in cloudy and overcast most of the year even during daytime. 

It's mandatory in Canada. Surprised someone from the US doesn't know this?

Edited by desertdude
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Really.....?

If person cannot see 3 feet wide metal object in "daylight" he needs new eye test.

Have you ever noticed vehicles with DRL's and no DRL's on your rear view mirror when driving on highways ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, desertdude said:

It's mostly for countries that are dark as in cloudy and overcast most of the year even during daytime. 

It's mandatory in Canada. Surprised someone from the US doesn't know this?

Agree, not only in Canada or the US but also now in Asian countries especially in India its mandatory for the manufacturers to equip AHO function for the two wheelers !

By the way, Car manufacturers these days are launching newer model every year with minimal cosmetic changes, which is mainly by fitting DRL's to the bumpers.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

Have you ever noticed vehicles with DRL's and no DRL's on your rear view mirror when driving on highways ?

 

image.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, desertdude said:

It's mandatory in Canada. Surprised someone from the US doesn't know this?

SURPRISE.

Damn flags on profiles are super small.

Image result for malaysia vs us flag

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

image.png

I'm sorry If I sounded offensive in any way, What I meant is that if you notice the vehicles with DRL's are more visible in the mirrors than the others without the DRL's

By the way - Whats this post supposed to mean... treat everyone equally ? no matter about the brands ? When you leave the world. you cant take even a drop of blood ? haha - I believe Its not what you take when you leave this world behind you, Its what you leave behind you when you go

Edited by MATHEW FELEX
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

SURPRISE.

Damn flags on profiles are super small.

Image result for malaysia vs us flag

Ah! That's makes sense

 

Just now, MATHEW FELEX said:

I'm sorry If I sounded offensive in any way, What I meant is that if you notice the vehicles with DRL's are more visible in the mirrors than the others without the DRL's

By the way - Whats this post supposed to mean... treat everyone equally ? no matter about the brands ? When you leave the world. you cant take even a drop of blood ? haha - I believe Its not what you take when you leave this world behind you, Its what you leave behind you when you go

Yeah and preferably not a car wreck

A simple example more relevant here. When ever there is a sand storm or heavy rain. How much more visible are the cars with their lights on compared to the ones that don't have them on

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use