•  
Advertise here

fj cruiser xtreme- vibrations

Just an update.

i took the fjc to al nanda auto garage in midriff and found that the balance in my tyres were way off, one of the rims bent.

so swopped the spare and balanced wheels and did the digital alignment and adjustment.

now no vibrations.

gaurav bhai- you are a genius. Thanks to you I took the car second time  to The above area ,as I was not happy with the first one in Sharjah, after looking thro Carnity forums.

costed me 200 dirhams.

very satisfied!

now to look for r16 rim to replace the slightly bent one- I am told rims come in 4s.

tyres can wait till Feb next year before replacement as it will be over 5 years then.

It is al nahdha auto garage

• Like (+1) 2

Bent wheels can be straighten too, if its not crack or hard accident impact. You can get old wheel straighten in 100-200 dhs instead of buying 4 rims.

Rims do come in 4 but sold as one piece too depending on style and exclusivity, I think you have those arctic truck rim so check the single rim price from them to replace. Alternatively use the spare one, no big deal as slightly bent or repaired rim can work fine in spare for those emergency situations only.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, srini62 said:

as I was not happy with the first one in Sharjah, after looking thro Carnity forums.

This is a typical scenario as car businesses always try to push there products than fixing the actual cause.

Imagine if you would have bought 4 new BFG for 2800 and still face the vibration......!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I had once straightened my rims from Al Mansoor Tires behind Gold and Diamond Park on Shk Zayed Road. They do a pretty decent job. Alternately you can search for someone selling their rims slightly used but at 50% off on some of the used websites. Inspect the rims before buying to make sure they are in good condition.

• Thanks (+1) 1