•  
Advertise here

New Nissan Patrol 2020

Gaurav

who said there is no v6 option for rav4 you can fix a mz engine to the old ravs it matches the mounts and also the gearbox housing bolts only you have to get creative with the exhaust manifolds and not to mention those celica cuts which have turbos oem fixed 3s gte which is also a bolt on application only needs some fabrication work on exhaust and in both cases the rta shouldn't have any issues as the chassis is left intact...

not to mention the later models introduced v6

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, shadow79 said:

who said there is no v6 option for rav4 you can fix a mz engine to the old ravs it matches the mounts and also the gearbox housing bolts only you have to get creative with the exhaust manifolds and not to mention those celica cuts which have turbos oem fixed 3s gte which is also a bolt on application only needs some fabrication work on exhaust and in both cases the rta shouldn't have any issues as the chassis is left intact...

not to mention the later models introduced v6

Like that you can fit a W16 out of Veyron if you really wanted. I was talking about factory option for the earlier gens

Learn to take a compliment!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Like that you can fit a W16 out of Veyron if you really wanted. I was talking about factory option for the earlier gens

Learn to take a compliment!

I am talking street legal things which is a concern for many here...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

I am talking street legal things which is a concern for many here...

A V6 in a 4cyl is not street legal. Try swapping it out and then registering your car without pulling any strings

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I have had talks about this matter as far as they were concerned no chassis alteration no high sounds any fuel type no problems it will pass without any issues...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

23 hours ago, shadow79 said:

I have had talks about this matter as far as they were concerned no chassis alteration no high sounds any fuel type no problems it will pass without any issues...

100% WRONG buddy, RTA has a clear instruction for engine swap V6 - V6 and I4 - I4 ONLY.

In extreme cases they can borderline accept slightly higher cc but it has to be in same cyl. range.

When i busted my 3.5, they told me max I can go is 3.8 V6 of modern Pajero but without altering the engine mounts.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

23 hours ago, Gaurav said:

100% WRONG buddy, RTA has a clear instruction for engine swap V6 - V6 and I4 - I4 ONLY.

In extreme cases they can borderline accept slightly higher cc but it has to be in same cyl. range.

When i busted my 3.5, they told me max I can go is 3.8 V6 of modern Pajero but without altering the engine mounts.

how do you explain when we tossed a turbocharged engine in place of a NA engine and the car is in the name of wafed it's passed the test last 2 times and probably should be due this year too...

there is ways to do swaps one that blows the whistle and other in which its done as it was before...

you can do many swaps and still the car will be perfectly road legal and no one will be pointing a finger at you... i have mentioned some and there are more if someone is interested...   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

23 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I-4 *cough*

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1