•  

what is a ugga dugga....?

shadow79

ugga duuga is a form of measurement of torque using you impact wrench when it reaches its end and the hammers in the impact wrench make those sounds to tighten the said bolts or nuts. it isn't as precise as the torque wrench but it helps...

6954114.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

We once had to remove a M32 bolt that was seized in one of our yarn extrusion machines. It took us 3 hours with drive impact wrench like above, and another guy with a torch weld.In mid of summer where it was 46 degrees between the machines. That day i was very glad that i'm an electrician, not a mechanic...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I prefer newton metres, even pounds   per foot if you choose to subscribe to caveman methods like so many of our American terrorist friends choose to do. If don’t have a modern torque wrench to hand, I can still use the old American terrorist system and make it work. 

Ugga dugga is way back. 4 Ugga Duggas to tighten an wheel. 6 ugga duggas  to tighten a brand new cylinder head down to a new gasket. If you’re installing a new spark plug, one ugga dugga is plenty. 

@Rahimdad since you recently had a problem with stuck spark plugs, what is your thoughts on the ugga dugga method?

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use