•  

Engine Swap Time!!

Jas Gajaria

11 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Thanks Guys! 

All of the valid points were already considered, but now that I think of it having THAT much power will only make the types spin like crazy in the sand. Which defeats its purpose. I am going the alternate route and just building up the current engine to get 30-40 HP more. Should be plenty :D

Cheers, 

Jas

Keep us posted on what the plans are and how you’re planning to gain 30-40hp. 

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

Keep us posted on what the plans are and how you’re planning to gain 30-40hp. 

When the Project starts ill keep a thread on the group with its progress! I know for a fact that the 3.0 which is in yours and Gaurav's have heads straight from an EVO 7-8, so just a port and polish you'll easily make 15-20 HP. I will be reboring the engine, 3.8L-->4.1L, along with this I'll be changing the Pistons and making the Crankshaft Lighter (Higher Revs). This said After the addition of Headers, Exhaust, Cold Air Intake and a Unichip Tune I should be able to get the Engine HP from 215 (Stock) to approx 245-260. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Jas Gajaria its not the simple to gain 30-40 hp and in UAE mods are also something that can cause problem during passing, so be very careful at what you are planning and discuss here before you invest in anything. Secondly, it is not about the 30-40 extra hp, its about how the car delivers it to you and your advantage. Thirdly, always try and work on your skills with a lower end car than trying to mod it and make it more powerful. I see you have signed up for the drive tomorrow morning, hoping to see you and catching up more on this topic to try and understand why you need the extra hp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, Rahimdad said:

@Jas Gajaria its not the simple to gain 30-40 hp and in UAE mods are also something that can cause problem during passing, so be very careful at what you are planning and discuss here before you invest in anything. Secondly, it is not about the 30-40 extra hp, its about how the car delivers it to you and your advantage. Thirdly, always try and work on your skills with a lower end car than trying to mod it and make it more powerful. I see you have signed up for the drive tomorrow morning, hoping to see you and catching up more on this topic to try and understand why you need the extra hp.

I'll see you Tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

When the Project starts ill keep a thread on the group with its progress! I know for a fact that the 3.0 which is in yours and Gaurav's have heads straight from an EVO 7-8, so just a port and polish you'll easily make 15-20 HP. I will be reboring the engine, 3.8L-->4.1L, along with this I'll be changing the Pistons and making the Crankshaft Lighter (Higher Revs). This said After the addition of Headers, Exhaust, Cold Air Intake and a Unichip Tune I should be able to get the Engine HP from 215 (Stock) to approx 245-260. 

The 3.0 6G72 SOHC engine which i have in mine is not the same as Gaurav his 3.5 Mivec DOHC beast, which is super rare. 

Id love to add some horses to my ride too and that was on my bucketlist, but after a head gasket blowout, followed by a complete rebuild I’ve tucked away those plans and decided to spend my time in getting the best out of the car by driving smart and taking peace with what i have. An underpowered car can be a blessing sometimes, and once you’ll see what @Rahimdad does with his 3.3, And @shadow79 with his RAV4 you will be amazed 😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 minutes ago, Frederic said:

The 3.0 6G72 SOHC engine which i have in mine is not the same as Gaurav his 3.5 Mivec DOHC beast, which is super rare. 

Id love to add some horses to my ride too and that was on my bucketlist, but after a head gasket blowout, followed by a complete rebuild I’ve tucked away those plans and decided to spend my time in getting the best out of the car by driving smart and taking peace with what i have. An underpowered car can be a blessing sometimes, and once you’ll see what @Rahimdad does with his 3.3, And @shadow79 with his RAV4 you will be amazed 😉

@Gaurav you have the Pajero EVO ENGINE?!?!?!? You're one lucky guy :D 

I love the Pathy's! They are amazing because of the gearing in them, 3 Speed. All the car's will perform with skill. My main reason for the power is honestly just on road driving, the acceleration is pretty crappy so in the city after signals I have to give quite a bit of raise to get to 80, which in turn kills my fuel economy.

• Like (+1) 2

@Jas Gajaria, hahahahaha. Same here pal. My Pathy sucks on road, it takes time to accelerate on highways and if you push the pedal the fuel just evaporates. I learned to live with it and reach where ever I need to be a few seconds late. Honestly i am not a big fan of modification and from what I have seen it messes you up more and requires more maintenance than a stock vehicle.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

11 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

@Gaurav you have the Pajero EVO ENGINE?!?!?!? You're one lucky guy :D 

Yes, It's same 6G74 DOHC 3.5 Engine that comes in Pajero EVO BUT BUT BUT without Mivec head that could make this stock engine from 225 HP to 260 HP. So Im half lucky, as I can't register Pajero EVO here in UAE (right hand).

12 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

My main reason for the power is honestly just on road driving, the acceleration is pretty crappy so in the city after signals I have to give quite a bit of raise to get to 80, which in turn kills my fuel economy.

Who is putting this crappiest idea in your mind....? I'm seriously curious to know.

Rebore, 3.8 to 4.1 for fuel economy.....? It's going to suck more fuel buddy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use