•  

Engine Swap Time!!

Jas Gajaria

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Yes, It's same 6G74 DOHC 3.5 Engine that comes in Pajero EVO BUT BUT BUT without Mivec head that could make this stock engine from 225 HP to 260 HP. So Im half lucky, as I can't register Pajero EVO here in UAE (right hand).

Who is putting this crappiest idea in your mind....? I'm seriously curious to know.

Rebore, 3.8 to 4.1 for fuel economy.....? It's going to suck more fuel buddy.

Half Lucky still good! When I increase power, I won’t feel the need to push the car as hard trying to accelerate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

For more instant acceleration with "marginal" power gain I will suggest:

• Straight free flow exhaust pipe
  • Borla or Magnaflow muffler.
  • K&N filter
  • Platinum spark plugs

Relatively cheaper, no long term damage and RTA friendly mods to give you at least 75% on what you want.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just now, Jas Gajaria said:

Half Lucky still good! When I increase power, I won’t feel the need to push the car as hard trying to accelerate. 

Same way like the Range Rover, I too have a RRSC, that gives me 500Km on 70 liter tank and Pajero 300 on 60 liter. RR has 5.0 but becuase of less throttle to get you at speed you save fuel

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

I have had the sluggish Pajero (Trademark) acceleration issue too and after doing all of the above I felt a big difference and finally settle for this much as they are reversible and RTA friendly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Same way like the Range Rover, I too have a RRSC, that gives me 500Km on 70 liter tank and Pajero 300 on 60 liter. RR has 5.0 but becuase of less throttle to get you at speed you save fuel

Range Rover is a different engineering and you can't compare them with Japanese TBH.

Secondly, V8 is always better in fuel mileage than V6 if you do lot of highway miles.

Here are my ex and present cars average fuel economy:

• Porsche Cayenne 4.2 V8 Turbo - 18.7L/100
  • Mustang V8 5.0 - 13.9L/100
  • Range Rover 5.0 Supercharged - 17.1L/100
  • Trailblazer 4.2 - V6 - 16.3L/100
  • Pajero 3.5 - V6 - 18.8 L/100

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use