•  

Engine Swap Time!!

Jas Gajaria

Hey Guys!

Planning an Engine swap in my Gen 3 Pajero. Either an LS1 or the 4.7 Lexus Engine. I just wanted to get some recommendations from the masters here! 

Cheers,

Jas

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Guys!

Planning an Engine swap in my Gen 3 Pajero. Either an LS1 or the 4.7 Lexus Engine. I just wanted to get some recommendations from the masters here! 

Cheers,

Jas

Hey Yas !

Welcome back ! And one serious topic to start off with 😆.

I have seen some stuff on Instagram and had a look at some foreign forums a year back for the same reason.

From what I’ve seen there is no straight simple swap to one of these engines, and if you find the capable guy to do so, you’re probably looking at a 40k AED job or even much higher. 

On top of that RTA will not pass this so you won’t be able to register the car anymore.

My two cents: you’re currently driving a 3.8 which is a very capable off-roader. What would be the main reason for the upgrade ? Don’t get me wrong i also think it’s super cool to have a beast like that, but you should consider that many people do these engine swaps without upgrading cooling systems, brakes, safety devices, which makes the car a death ride and not suitable for long off-road drives, rather for going on Faya and showing off.

The risk of tipping over and serious incidents is much higher too. I guess you don’t want to end up on a YouTube channel called “UAE desert Fails” or something.

if anyone could pull it off, it would be @Barry

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Guys!

Cheers,

Jas

Are you planning this swap in UAE....?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

8 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Guys!

Cheers,

Jas

All the very best for your new adventure. Hope everything goes as per your plan. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If you are really doing it I would go with LS swap.

But is not as simple as just swapping the engine. You need to look into reinforcing the axles and installing stronger shafts otherwise they will break. Not to mention thicker springs to offset the weight of the new engine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

when doing swaps things can go pretty crazy have seen Suzuki jimmy and vitara carrying Ls engines

had seen buggy with corolla engines the world is open to ideas you just have to have a thick pocket...

had one guy here in sanaya put a supra 7m in a jeep the work had been going for quite some time then they finished it and the car was started it sounded like magic to ears but as soon as the driver took it for a spin it just went like 100 meters from the shop and then bram beem boom and the car stopped turns out the rear diff gave away...

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I totally agree with @Frederic, the swap is an expensive affair, unsafe and RTA will never pass it, you'd be better off buying an old Tahoe or Silverado and making necessary mods on that to suit your purpose.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/3/2019 at 9:37 AM, shadow79 said:

the driver took it for a spin it just went like 100 meters from the shop and then bram beem boom and the car stopped turns out the rear diff gave away...

Yep that's precisely my point, you need to reinforce the rest of the drivetrain because it is obviously not designed for the hp and torque generated by the new engine and transmission. 

If you have the money for an LS swap, RTA is the least of your concerns this would need to be taken in and out from the sand with a trailer, unless the shop has really good wasta (or however you write it) and can register the car.. we all know there are exceptions for everything, including a simple RTA registration. 

On 9/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, Rahimdad said:

I totally agree with @Frederic, the swap is an expensive affair, unsafe and RTA will never pass it, you'd be better off buying an old Tahoe or Silverado and making necessary mods on that to suit your purpose.

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks Guys! 

All of the valid points were already considered, but now that I think of it having THAT much power will only make the types spin like crazy in the sand. Which defeats its purpose. I am going the alternate route and just building up the current engine to get 30-40 HP more. Should be plenty :D

Cheers, 

Jas

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use