•  

Intermediate early morning drive - Area 53 - 13th Sept 2019

Emmanuel

9 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Really looking forward to this weekend. One of my favourite areas and plus it's a morning drive. What more can one ask for.

ok done 👍

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2019 at 11:53 AM, Javier M said:

haha.. I wish it was that simple, I have to drive it for a while and let the gears cool down, I don't have to exceed 3000 rpm and not exceed 100 km/h 😩

Common dude, you know RPM doesn't go over 3000 in intermediate drives 😅

See you next time man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

TRIP REPORT (sorry for the delay…)

Except @Frederic and @Jas Gajaria who unfortunately had to cancel their participation at last minute, we all met on time at Badayer Shops. Deflation, short briefing, convoy numbering, we were all set. @Gaurav was my second lead, followed by @Shamil, then @G.huz, @Srikumar and, in sweep, @Rahimdad, who had as a passenger our good friend @Asif Hussain. 

Round 1

We started the drive at a quite reasonable pace, as it was still night. Before climbing the first high dunes, after about 1km, we suddenly heard @Srikumar's voice on the radio : « Shamil had a rollover ». Of course we all rushed around him, getting out our extinguishers and shovels in no time as there was a bit of smoke coming up. Thank god Shamil was OK, though a bit pale for the fear he just had, and thank god the smoke disapeared shortly. As you can expect after rollover, the Xterra wasn’t in his best shape : windshield cracked, dents on the doors and the hood, plus a pop-out...  

I won’t discuss here the reasons why @Shamil flipped, because he wants to post the video of his accident in the « What went wrong » thread, so everybody can learn a good lesson - not the hard way, as he did. 

We decided to wait half an hour so that the engine cool down before we open the hood, check the leaks or damages and then attempt to switch the engine on again. Extinguishers and shovels were ready in case of need, but the vehicle started normally. We eventually fixed the pop-out and got ready to head back to the starting point for the report and the recovery. After a few meters the Xterra stalled. We cleaned the MAF sensor and it restarted, but with very low power, so low that it was very hard to cross a small dune. Here came our hero of the day, Asif, who managed to drive the Xterra till Badayer Shops. To be honest, no one, even our Superman, understood how he made this… 

Once we reached the road, @Shamil called Sharjah road traffic police (Rafed) for the report and a recovery truck. We shared a breakfast while waiting for Rafed, asking ourselves should we go back to the dunes or home ? I have to admit that I was hesitating, because of what happened and because it was already 8:15, but when I saw the enthusiasm around me, my decision was made. @Rahimdad had a commitment in the morning so he decided to wait the recovery truck with Shamil and head out directly after.  

Round 2 started at about 8:30, same convoy numbering but without @Rahimdad and @Shamil. This second part of the drive was like our revenge on Friday the 13th (obviously the winner of the first round). We reached Iftar bowl in about 50 min, played a bit there and exited at 9:30-10 am. 

As always, great Carnity team spirit. No one left behind with a problem, everyone trying his best to help. @Shamil I hope that the car is getting fixed, so you can come back soon. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use