UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Best 4x4 cars | Dune bashing | Off road driving | Off road drives | Off road gears and recovery tools | Radio frequencies |

Jas Gajaria

Modifications Done on Project Wa7sh!

Thanks for the comprehensive write-up buddy ! Definitely useful for the offroaders among us who have plans for certain upgrades but not sure about the budget or pros and cons.

• Like 3
  • Totally Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Thanks for the comprehensive write-up buddy ! Definitely useful for the offroaders among us who have plans for certain upgrades but not sure about the budget or pros and cons.

Sure thing! Will discuss more in person ;)

• Like 2

Nice update Jas, that means you have gone through a lot of lesson in modifying your beast.

• Valvetronic mufler is crap and never work for long term, people trying with window motors, rear view mirror motor mechanism and what not since last 4-5 years and I never came across someone who is happy with it. I think its the nature of exhaust heat that cause best of moving parts to fail.
  • Pajero and unichip is another combination, that I have not seen one yet done with "long term" consistent gain and happy feedback - it always bounce back saying its very good for desert but for road - xxxxx or vice versa.
  • Is your suspension are adjustable from inside or manually flicking knobs on all 4 sides?
  • Does AEM dry filter fits in stock air filter box too? Im looking for one from long time, as I find too much overhead with K&N.
  • Like 3
  • Well Done 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Nice update Jas, that means you have gone through a lot of lesson in modifying your beast.

• Valvetronic mufler is crap and never work for long term, people trying with window motors, rear view mirror motor mechanism and what not since last 4-5 years and I never came across someone who is happy with it. I think its the nature of exhaust heat that cause best of moving parts to fail.
  • Pajero and unichip is another combination, that I have not seen one yet done with "long term" consistent gain and happy feedback - it always bounce back saying its very good for desert but for road - xxxxx or vice versa.
  • Is your suspension are adjustable from inside or manually flicking knobs on all 4 sides?
  • Does AEM dry filter fits in stock air filter box too? Im looking for one from long time, as I find too much overhead with K&N.

Hey Gaurav, yeah it’s been a ride 😂.

The suspension is gas adjustable meaning you have to get it changed from a garage, can’t be done on the fly. They have that option too but I wouldn’t wanna spend more when the clickers is honestly just a gimmick, 90% of the job is in the valving inside and that 10% you get on the clickers. Not worth it in my opinion. 

The AEM Is  a circular cone filter, won’t fit in the stock box! 

Cheers, 

Jas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very well written @Jas Gajaria. Love you writhing skills. Kept me engaged throughout.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas Gajaria said:

The suspension is gas adjustable meaning you have to get it changed from a garage, can’t be done on the fly. They have that option too but I wouldn’t wanna spend more when the clickers is honestly just a gimmick, 90% of the job is in the valving inside and that 10% you get on the clickers. Not worth it in my opinion. 

Cheers, 

Jas

@Jas Gajaria i hope its AEM bruteforce edition right?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Cheers, 

Jas

Radical as in Radical Motorsport run by Saad "wrangler is wrangler Sir Ji" Ahmed ? And if you have a cone filter without a CAI box then you are just sucking in hot engine air and reducing your HP instead of increasing it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Totally Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fuad said:

@Jas Gajaria i hope its AEM bruteforce edition right?  

Hey Fuad, nope it’s the normal Offroad air filter, again, half of these are gimmicks 🤷🏽‍♂️

11 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Radical as in Radical Motorsport run by Saad "wrangler is wrangler Sir Ji" Ahmed ? And if you have a cone filter without a CAI box then you are just sucking in hot engine air and reducing your HP instead of increasing it. 

LOL no buddy, this is the Radical in Ras Al Khor, run by Ali Rokadia (Original one). And yes I have a CAI box 😂 which is insulated on the inside. Will post a picture here later!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Guys, 

As requested by @Fuad I am writing a good essay on the mods done to my 3.8 Gen3 SWB Pajero and how its helped. Keep in mind none of these are actually mandatory, any bone stock car with the right technique and understanding will be able to do it all. I have been driving the sands of Dubai for the last 3 years so these things just help me a little and make my life easier now! :D 

I have listed the Mods which I have found to be done and been the biggest help from the top! My whole car has been modified by Radical in Ras Al Khor so all prices were from there. 

1- Skid Plates Front and Rear with Frame: This is an absolute must when you start getting into the Intermediate level trips, you'll be side cresting and may require momentum where you'll jump a little bit, it is most important to protect your radiator and front end. I got mine done in 7mm Aluminum to save weight (you can go steel if you wanna save costs.) Front was 1.2K and rear was 400.

2- Tyres! I run Yokohama Geo's ATS in a 275/70/16 size with the G012 Tread Pattern. Excellent Tyre's and super comfy for an AT Tyre. My stock Tyres were 265/65/17 so by going down to 16 inch I was able to keep the tyre diameter almost same but giving me more rubber and sidewall. Paid 465 Per Piece all inclusive from a Tyre shop on Hessa Street.

3- Suspension: I run Profender Monotube 2.0 Shocks with 4WD.ae Progressive Springs. 2 inch lift. These shocks are gas adjustable so you can set your stiffness setting by the gas setting, my drives on a normal run are quite fast paced and bumpy so I have opted to keep my gas setting at 200PSI front and 180PSI rear (since there is legit nothing in the back of the Pajero). For a beginner driver 150PSI Front  and 140 Rear will be perfect. The best part is that these are completely rebuildable so you will not have to sell these ever! The shocks perform perfectly in technical drives and are absorb most bumps in the fast paced ones @Rahimdad has been witness to this :P. I chose different springs as progressive means that they're soft for road and as they compress more they become stiffer, this is also a great way to give a bump stop effect. Costed me 3K 

4- Lighting: Firstly, you can NEVER have enough light, if you're a night time drive lover this should be top priority. All my lights are from Dragonmart. I have a 21 inch Hanma light bar in the front as a spot light from , its great and they give you a 3 year warranty. I have bumper fog lights from Toby's which are in a wide angle flood lens. The front also has some Jeeper style LED lights (just for the rally look cause I can). I have Hanma flood lights on my A Pillar also. Lastly I have Rock Lights which are excellent for the night drives when youre inflating or deflating and also extremely helpful in a pop-out situation. I really love my lighting setup and have chosen not to go for a rooftop light bar due to the glare which can occur on the hood. I get aprox 200 degrees of light all around and the spotlight shines 500 Meters down the trail (plenty). 21 inch Light Bar 500, Bumper Fog light 160, Jeeper Rally Light 150, Dual A Pillar Lights 270 and Rocklights were 140.

5- Extra Radiator Fan and Transmission Cooler: Probably the best summer mod I have done. AC is super cool and the car runs much cooler than before in the summer drives. The fan is from SPAL and the Transmission cooler is by Hayden. I got the Fan for 200 and the Transmission cooler was part of a package when I rebuilt the transmission. If you're going to do high revving summer drives a cooler is a must. 

6- Custom Cold Air Intake: I got the intake box made of out of 4mm aluminum and the filter is an AEM Offroad Dry Filter. The full box is insulated from the inside so it does not reverse the effects of a cold air system :D. With this system the engine breathes much better and throttle response increased a little bit. When buying an air filter for desert use always make sure its a dry filter, if its an oiled filter they will clog and eventually choke the engine. The Pajero already has a well designed Air Ram at the front so a need for a snorkel wasn't really needed. The box was 350 AED and the filter was 190. 

7- Exhaust Decatted and Valvetronic Muffler: Freeing the exhaust flow means gaining the horses! I did a decat at first and was very happy with it, but at constant high revs you can smell petrol and I love it XD, but I am currently getting a full exhaust system made with headers and a performance catalytic converter just so Im not always driving light headed ;). The valvetronic muffler was useless, waste of money. This was the Vacuum operated muffler which is made to be much better than the electric ones, yet it failed on me after 2 months and is now stuck somewhere between open and closed. You'd be better of getting a magna flow or borla muffler for a fraction of the price, and it'll sound better and help performance. Decat 250 and Valvtronic Muffler was 1200. 

8- Front Metal Bumper: This serves so many purposes, makes the car look amazing, gives you front clearance to climb a tree if you want and even reduces aerodynamics go give you worse fuel economy! LOL. In all honesty though, this bumper has allowed me to not really need to slow down as I don't need to worry about clearance, doesn't mean you go and take a dune at 65kmph and expect to come out fine O.o. The best part is that it's made from 2mm steel so it is VERY light, so light in-fact that its 1KG lighter than my stock bumper and fittings! 3500 AED was the cost of this beast.

9- I had done a Unichip Tune but it's currently off right now as I wasn't happy with the Tuner. Will keep you guys updated on this one!!

10- MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you consider safety equipment as Mods.... They really aren't. Its a must. First Aid Kit, Many Many Soft and Metal Shackles along with 2 rated snatch straps (You only need 2 Shackles and One Rope but I keep more when I lead convoys). A Tool kit specific for your car, Jack and Floor Stand and ofcrouse the flag and mount!

Feel Free to ask any questions and leave ideas!

Cheers, 

Jas

IMG_5436.HEIC 1.77 MB · 6 downloads

Just need to know detailed update about profender. Need to know more about b4 fixing on my pathy. 

• Like 2
  • Totally Agree 1

For replying to this topic, please

Important Information

Terms of use