Jump to content

UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Adnoc oil change | Best car battery | Best engine oil | Best fuel efficient cars | Best resale value cars | Car detailing | Dubai police fines discount | Salik recharge | Tasjeel comprehensive test |
P0335 | P0170 | P0299 | P200A | P2237 | P2056 | P2251 | P2271 | P2231 | P2253 | P2425 | P0690 | P2253

Barry

Moving over for bigger cars

Recommended Posts

Following on from the school run thread, @Frederic made a good point. 

The small car is expected to make way for the big car. 

This is one thing I hate. I get sick of people tailgating me and flashing their lights every day, no matter what lane I’m in. 

I drive a fiesta. It’s a small car but it has a modified engine twice as large as the standard car and probably more horsepower than the guy who dreams of owning a land cruiser but could only afford a prado. My brakes are also modified. Nothing gives me more pleasure than brake checking the guy behind with the flashing headlights then accelerating away faster than he can only dream to. 

If you tailgate smaller cars, you are a loser. No ifs, no ands, no buts. The real reason is you are trying to compensate because you have a small p****. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Totally Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry said:

Following on from the school run thread, @Frederic made a good point. 

The small car is expected to make way for the big car. 

This is one thing I hate. I get sick of people tailgating me and flashing their lights every day, no matter what lane I’m in. 

I drive a fiesta. It’s a small car but it has a modified engine twice as large as the standard car and probably more horsepower than the guy who dreams of owning a land cruiser but could only afford a prado. My brakes are also modified. Nothing gives me more pleasure than brake checking the guy behind with the flashing headlights then accelerating away faster than he can only dream to. 

If you tailgate smaller cars, you are a loser. No ifs, no ands, no buts. The real reason is you are trying to compensate because you have a small p****. 

Well come to driving in the UAE the land of the 4x4s. Now hope you understand the aversion to small dinkys. Been driving the absolutely pathetic 2019 Sunny lately and hating it ( come so close to writing a scathing review of it here at least a dozen times ). Although I have no tailgating issues even though I am in the fast lane most of the time but doing the speed limit never over or too under. And if somebody does pull up close once in a while AND I'm doing the limit I let him enjoy seeing my ass because I don't move over. 

Maybe you're just too overtly sensitive, and expect the car to be a tiny dot in your rear view mirror or maybe you're just driving too slow all the time?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on my mood if I am good in the head then before someone moves in closer I just move away and let them pass...and sometimes they flash and honk and roll down the window and bark I don't care they want to pass they can overtake and get on with it..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Barry said:

Following on from the school run thread, @Frederic made a good point. 

The small car is expected to make way for the big car. 

This is one thing I hate. I get sick of people tailgating me and flashing their lights every day, no matter what lane I’m in. 

I drive a fiesta. It’s a small car but it has a modified engine twice as large as the standard car and probably more horsepower than the guy who dreams of owning a land cruiser but could only afford a prado. My brakes are also modified. Nothing gives me more pleasure than brake checking the guy behind with the flashing headlights then accelerating away faster than he can only dream to. 

If you tailgate smaller cars, you are a loser. No ifs, no ands, no buts. The real reason is you are trying to compensate because you have a small p****. 

I've been here in the UAE for 12 years and this part still annoys me. I can understand when there is a clear path in front, but during a light/medium traffic where there are also cars in front of me, do you expect me and all the cars in traffic to move out of the way for you? I mean, I also want to go fast but obviously there is some traffic in front of me. 

And add to the tailgaiting the way they park, haphazardly occupying 2 spaces. We get it, you a VVVVVVVVIP, hence you park that way. Seriously, I don't know whether to get upset or pity them.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, me as an all time 4x4 driver of three different kinds - from poor man - expensive - rare I never push people based on their car size, but the stupidity they do on road. I equally flash or occasional honk on severely dangerous drivers no matter whether they are in Patrol or swerving tiida 6 lanes in 5 seconds to catch an exit.

I do exactly what Desertdude said, drive almost at speed limit - not too low, not too high and on 2nd or 3rd lane, if free. I rarely use overtake lane with all Schumacher doing there best lap and you will see flashing in fast lane every few seconds.

So if you are in fast lane buddy, I don't blame them. If you are in 2nd or 3 lane, simply leave the gas and let car slow down slowly and boiling them even more is a best technique I learn than the road rage of braking. Road rage will always result in him coming in front and doing the same and you never know what type of psycho driver you bump and how much free time he has to waste. Every time I used to brake hard before, I use to spend so much time in hide and seek, racing and boiling my blood for no reason.

Another good way to kill the road rage is when they pass by you raise the hand saying Thank you with a dumb smile to confuse the retard and he will realize this on next red light better than flipping the bird and cause all the heat.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As luck would have it. Just now on the school run a AD plate came up right behind my gutless sunny which was doing 80 in a 60 zone, so already just on the radar grace line of 20 above. 

I trundled along then he started to flash me. I knew not too far away was a radar so decided to pull an old trick out of the hat. I didn't move until just 500 mtrs from the radar by this time the tailgater has probably lost it. So I quickly change Lanes. Hoping he guns it and gets flashed :D

He mashed his pedal as soon as I scooched over and away he went and me anxiously waiting for the flash :D :D

But Mothertrucker spotted the radar just in time and braked and I didn't see a flash. :(

Ah well you win some and you lose some. Patrol 1 Desert Dude 0 this time round.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, desertdude said:

As luck would have it. Just now on the school run a AD plate came up right behind my gutless sunny which was doing 80 in a 60 zone, so already just on the radar grace line of 20 above. 

I trundled along then he started to flash me. I knew not too far away was a radar so decided to pull an old trick out of the hat. I didn't move until just 500 mtrs from the radar by this time the tailgater has probably lost it. So I quickly change Lanes. Hoping he guns it and gets flashed :D

He mashed his pedal as soon as I scooched over and away he went and me anxiously waiting for the flash :D :D

But Mothertrucker spotted the radar just in time and braked and I didn't see a flash. :(

Ah well you win some and you lose some. Patrol 1 Desert Dude 0 this time round.

If you're being tailgated, enable your windshield spraywashers. A lot of the water flies over your windshield and ends up on his windshield, but with the sand in this country it becomes a dirty mess...🤣

  • Haha 2
  • Well Done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy, install a rear facing light bar facing up on your small car... they flash you, flash back 🤪

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jas Gajaria said:

Easy, install a rear facing light bar facing up on your small car... they flash you, flash back 🤪

And then they call the cops on you...and you'll be in big trouble my friend ....

  • WOW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frederic said:

And then they call the cops on you...and you'll be in big trouble my friend ....

It was a joke xD obviously 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use