•  
Advertise here

The New Landrover Defender 2020

We had a boxy 86 Corolla it gave 550 to 600 on a tank later on we had a 93 Corolla more streamlined it also gave 550 to 600 now I have a more curvy lancer that to spits the same 550 to 600 on a tank until it's rings wore out lately it's giving 350 to 450 on a tank so boxy or curvy it shouldn't matter more the 50 km per tank

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, shadow79 said:

We had a boxy 86 Corolla it gave 550 to 600 on a tank later on we had a 93 Corolla more streamlined it also gave 550 to 600 now I have a more curvy lancer that to spits the same 550 to 600 on a tank until it's rings wore out lately it's giving 350 to 450 on a tank so boxy or curvy it shouldn't matter more the 50 km per tank

Image result for slow clap gif

• Haha (+1) 2

• 1 year later...

I think they've completely gone the Discovery route on this as well with too many electronics. I am not an expert but usually electronics are more of a hindrance than actual support. Machine learning is improving but has some distance to go before it can be fully relied on.

From the package point of view it has all the bells and whistles but the price tag is so steep.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Except for the price, the waiting time (1 year at Al Tayer) , I'd be sold on a 90 P400 SE . I think if you look for a pure 4x4 there are better options, but if you need a one-car setup to alternate between business customers meetings and have fun in the weekend, the Defender seems a great option to me. 

Don't buy one until you see one or few in action in UAE sand regularly.

Putting a legendary name plate (defender) doesn't really qualify for anything. Car makers using this technique of putting legendary 4x4 models plate on business suit models to target wider audience. We have seen loads of Nissan Patrol Y62, Land Rover Discovery bumpers getting sloshed on first dune, failing electronics preventing LO gear when you need the most, etc.

FJC what you have is one of the best off-roader rolled off from the factory floor without the need of tinkering or risking anything. Just enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

23 hours ago, jeetu sharma said:

I think they've completely gone the Discovery route on this as well with too many electronics. I am not an expert but usually electronics are more of a hindrance than actual support. Machine learning is improving but has some distance to go before it can be fully relied on.

From the package point of view it has all the bells and whistles but the price tag is so steep.

Indeed, this new defender seems to have some issues. There is a YouTube Channel: The Fast Lane, where they had gone though 3 cars to finally see a car that worked. 

• Sad (0) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

• 3 months later...

Did a test drive yesterday - pretty cool car, great as a second car for long expeditions to Oman and city rides. BUT it has 2 fundamental problems and one potentially fixable issue which definitely would prevent me from taking it into the sand:
1) Rims size, min 18, 19-20 in stock. Means pop-outs will be your best friends (with the car's weight). Very good examples here (11:50 and 14:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=391AsASvmi8

2) Front towing hook - it's just a joke or mockery, but it will be impossible to set it up when you are in troubles, as you need to dismount the whole front low pannel. Inability to being towed from the front - WTF?
3) Issue. You can check the video from the Ukrainian, very trusted channel - Defender actually put their life at great risk, I believe it can be fixed, BUT.. imagine it happens with you on the Big Red (from 49:30, use eng subtitles)

Edited by Ilya