•  
Advertise here

What are steps in Lift Kits

DiamondDallas

Want to know what of the 2 different steps in Lift Kits is Best for UAE

Step 1 is said to be stiffer

Step 2 is Softer

I didnt understand anything the guy in Ironman was saying so to understand better I came to my Circle.

Thank you in advance for helping. I dont know why but I cant comment on any discussion. Specially the one where Gaurav bhai asked what went wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, DiamondDallas said:

I dont know why but I cant comment on any discussion. Specially the one where Gaurav bhai asked what went wrong.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

if you have stiff suspension in desert conditions its usually a pain to drive through SOUPS AKA cross tracks and tracks which someone has already passed through as your cars response will be bumpy and will loose traction and momentum which is important part in this sports but with enough experience you can always find a way

in the softer setting the kit should consist of more parts which should support the over lengthening of the shocks in turn giving you a much smoother ride like in the old caprice you could see the body of the car stay put at one place but those tires getting in and out of the body while you crazily cruise through those humps  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

I don't know @shadow79 who is teaching you these basics or you are coming up with these crazy stories....!

@DiamondDallas harder the shocks better they are for off-road but very uncomfortable for road use. So offroad shocks is a combination of little more harder than OEM one but not too rally style so that it will kill your back on tarmac.

I had Aragosta rally bred suspension in my Patrol, I could literally jump dunes and do all sort of stunts but on tarmac for over 1 hour drive, my back use to start aching.

Best shocks for off-road will be hard and with long travel suspension so that bumps and rebounds are not going to take big tolll on chasis and your back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Simple, switch to hard when off-road and switch back to soft when driving on the road. 

I have heard some people say it's just a gimmick and wont make a lot of difference. I have adjustable shocks and they do make a difference. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Javier M said:

Simple, switch to hard when off-road and switch back to soft when driving on the road. 

I have heard some people say it's just a gimmick and wont make a lot of difference. I have adjustable shocks and they do make a difference. 

Totally agree, but sadly 90% offroad suspension are non-adjustable unless you dash good amount of money.

And in those 10% expensive adjustable ones plenty are just gimmick and only few makes a difference.

Aragosta I had, they have had had 18 settings on each shock, but at softest setting on road too my back use to cry.

In my Pajero I have stock suspension stiffness controller with electronic button and it does make a big difference.

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/15/2019 at 1:25 PM, DiamondDallas said:

Want to know what of the 2 different steps in Lift Kits is Best for UAE

Step 1 is said to be stiffer

Step 2 is Softer

I just re-read the question. I apologize I thought you were talking about adjustable shocks. 

To try to answer your question, ask yourself this, do you drive off road? if yes how often? if more than twice a week then go for the stiffer shocks, if you are only going for the occasional camp trip and most of the drive is done on road then go for the softer.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, shadow79 said:

if you have stiff suspension in desert conditions its usually a pain to drive through SOUPS AKA cross tracks and tracks which someone has already passed through as your cars response will be bumpy and will loose traction and momentum which is important part in this sports but with enough experience you can always find a way

in the softer setting the kit should consist of more parts which should support the over lengthening of the shocks in turn giving you a much smoother ride like in the old caprice you could see the body of the car stay put at one place but those tires getting in and out of the body while you crazily cruise through those humps  

This is what happens when you spend all your time in Ajman

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I don't know @shadow79 who is teaching you these basics or you are coming up with these crazy stories....!

nobody is teaching me i gave him an explanation based on my own ride which first had the oem shocks which were soft comfy but didn't travel the extra length which i changed later on for stiff ones which gave it height but killed the comfort

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

This is what happens when you spend all your time in Ajman

almost half of dubai lives in ajman sharjah and uaq i dont think there is something wrong in it...

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1