•  
Advertise here

Parking Hit And Run : Info Needed

desertdude

Ok somebody whacked into the rental sunny real good and women being women, the Mrs drove off not seeing it till the next day. Car is pretty dinged up rear tail light broken, busted bumper corner, slight ding on boot and even the quarter panel has ding in it. Either the sunny is made of paper or some truck bashed into the rear. This happened in bussiness bay dirt parking. Well ( thankfully ) its been almost two decades since I've had to get a police report. So whats the deal nowadays. Still do it the good old fashioned way of calling 999 or now as I was reading recently you have to report all minor incidents through the dubai police app or , they come have a look and give you report you get charged a 100dhs? And does anything change since its technically a hit and run.

And since it being a rental regardless of whose fault it was or not we have to dish out 750 for a claim so question is do I have to pay something to get the report done or since its going to be done through an app ( I'm guessing ) it doesn't cost anything, not holding my breath on that one though.

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

In your hit and run case you need to go to the nearest police station where this incident happen with your car and share the full story with as much as proof you or your wife has.

If they get convinced then you will get red paper for 400 dhs fine and then rent a car procedure starts with whatever agreement you have with them.

If they dont get convince they will ask you to come back after few days until they can check the authenticity of your story with some camera in the vicinity etc.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

in ajman and sharjah if faulty party runs then you have to pay accident drawing fee 500 usually what we do is get if fixed and get on with life its cheaper and your case being a rental its better to just show it to rental shop they will rip your meat from your bones and then give you another car for the remainder of the days you have lease left...never think that you can quietly fix their car and return it and they will not know about it as most of the times they keep your passport so in the end you will be stuck and bleed more money into it...

Edited by shadow79
spell error
  • Like (+1) 2

My wife made a small accident. The issue was she and the other car didint notice. It was a small touch. After that she found out car was damaged. We went to police and explain what happened. They gave us a paper and they told us to come after 2 days. I went after 2 days and collect the police report. Which cost 120aed. I didint got any fine. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yes in most hit and run cases, they need to check the authenticity by verifying that you have not damage anyone else car or public property in that area. And this background check takes few days, they also cross check with other police report of hit and run cases to verify its a legit story, and you are the victim and not the perpetrator.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shadow79 said:

in ajman and sharjah if faulty party runs then you have to pay accident drawing fee 500 usually what we do is get if fixed and get on with life its cheaper and your case being a rental its better to just show it to rental shop they will rip your meat from your bones and then give you another car for the remainder of the days you have lease left...never think that you can quietly fix their car and return it and they will not know about it as most of the times they keep your passport so in the end you will be stuck and bleed more money into it...

I learnt my lesson with Shj and Ajman long time ago, nowadays I try to keep as many traffic related transactions as possible out of Ajman and Shj. Last time a bus whacked my Land Cruiser parked outside my house and ran away. Took a weeks worth of running around to sort it out. And that time I really didn't even have the time. In the end I wished I hadn't reported it and just put it down to off roading battle scars. 

And don't worry car is leased by the company and in their name, so hence I'm not too bothered. 

But having said that what A.holes man! How can you almost crush someones cars and then run away like a coward without even having the decency at the very least leave your number. 

Now all this waste of time and expense for absolutely no fault of mine. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Will try this out, just to see how well it works or doesn't work

https://gulfnews.com/videos/how-to/how-to-report-accidents-with-the-dubai-police-app-1.1566376446928

This wont work, as it need both parties ID, Drivers license and car registration card photos.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

But having said that what A.holes man! How can you almost crush someones cars and then run away like a coward without even having the decency at the very least leave your number. 

if they stand there and wait they have to cough up accident fees on top of fixing their car which is lately higher then getting your bumper sorted and repainted...

• Like (+1) 1

Update : The App doesn't work, kept saying please try again later, after an hour of trying had to do it the old fashioned way at the cop shop. And everyone over there also kept advising me I should do it online and had to explain to half a dozen policemen that I tried and it don't work. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1