•  
Advertise here

P38 - 1999- Tires Issue

Jeh

8 minutes ago, Jeh said:

I dont thing option is viable for this model. 

As per my mechanic for this model its a must to do manual alignment.

I reckon the same solution was suggested for your Chevy right? 

Well if the guy doesn't have the machine, then that's the most common excuse.

Find a shop who have Hunter or any other good lazer alignment system and let them advise you this to buy this 100%

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

38 minutes ago, Jeh said:

38 minutes ago, Jeh said:

That is true I remember going for Lazer alignment and his system didn't have a P38 Range Rover in it. I checked it myself incase he was trying to give me some excuses.

It was a new shop and the machine was a hunter from what I remember

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

@Jeh on second thought I recall that, that guy you took chevy freak out when you ask for a guarantee and said if alignment cant be fixed then bushes has to be blamed. As usual car has 10,000 parts so its always other 9999 parts are faulty in your car.

And also I rem it was a groupon offer, so already a tight business working on survival with price race to the bottom.

@desertdude I am not hung up on Hunter machine, but anything equivalent of good lazer alignment to correct minor issues.

Image result for p38 range rover hunter wheel alignment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Go to Sand Dance Tyres in Hessa Street, they have 3D Beissbarth aligner.

Usually they charge 250, give "Glenn Power" reference and Speak to Ali (shop in charge), they will do it for 100.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/D3GSJNwTfNUm1xej6

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Seriously, then why you drive modern engineering cars and why not bullock cart with rope and ox in front.

I had a Honda Accord come in to my shop which used to chew up the rear left tire in 3 months time took it to many places clean posh coverall wearing guys which didn't know shit  they couldn't even figure out what was with it then a rod and rope guy advised to change the hub and rods and after that he did the alignment and gave guarantee that if in 6 months the becomes bad he will pay for it but that tire was changed almost a year later....

Those machine things ONLY works if everything on the car is in company spec...

Most of the times there is something up that's they start to eat tires it could be lower or upper arm bush,ball joint excessive play rackend or tire end play, steering box bush shot, steering cross play  in some cases hub is bent or the subframe is bent there are many possibilities or combination of it that leads to alignment messed...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, shadow79 said:

I had a Honda Accord come in to my shop which used to chew up the rear left tire in 3 months time took it to many places clean posh coverall wearing guys which didn't know shit  they couldn't even figure out what was with it then a rod and rope guy advised to change the hub and rods and after that he did the alignment and gave guarantee that if in 6 months the becomes bad he will pay for it but that tire was changed almost a year later....

Image result for slow clap gif

• Like (+1) 2

Not having the alignment specifications in the system is a cop out. Stick the lasers on, google the toe out, toe in, camber etc specs for the car and adjust to suit. When I worked in a restoration company we used to align stuff with old school sticks and bubbles and never had an issue. The problem is these guys don’t know what they are doing, the just know how to use the computer. There’s a difference in doing and understanding. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I had to change a tire rod end in the middle of Sweihan. Thanks to @shadow79 who not only changed the tire rod end but also aligned the tires with a rope in the middle of the desert. When I went to the alignment shop the guy said very little adjustment was required as felt on the road while driving also. I'm a big fan of old book in practice.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

I had to change a tire rod end in the middle of Sweihan. Thanks to @shadow79 who not only changed the tire rod end but also aligned the tires with a rope in the middle of the desert. When I went to the alignment shop the guy said very little adjustment was required as felt on the road while driving also. I'm a big fan of old book in practice.

Totally agree, I am also big fan of @shadow79 and @Jalil bhai desert services, recovery and jugad.

Old school is always king but in such minute precision and decimal based alignment 3D aligner are far easy, faster and less headache than making 20 trips to explain left and right, then left too much, then right after 3 seconds, and still not sure if it gonna eat tire shoulders or not after a month of driving.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Old school is always king but in such minute precision and decimal based alignment 3D aligner are far easy, faster and less headache than making 20 trips to explain left and right, then left too much, then right after 3 seconds, and still not sure if it gonna eat tire shoulders or not after a month of driving.

those things only work if other things are in factory spec now who can guaranty after 5 or 10 years of forces affecting on frame has not made a difference on it...

• Like (+1) 1