•  
Advertise here

Noise from the Front of Accord 2014

Srikumar

In my 2014 Accord, after I cross the speed of about 40 kmph, there is a noise which comes from the front side of the car. It sounds like a rumbling noise and it becomes a continuous noise as the speed increases. The noise stops when I immediately leave the accelerator and starts as soon as I again start accelerating. Tried this at various speeds and the results are the same

I have recently changed the transmission fluid and filter. Shifting is smooth with no issues. Tyres have been recently changed as well. This noise has been there for a while, probably 60,000 km. But it's just getting irritating now.

Need help in trying to diagnose the source of the noise.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 3

Check break pads. Else check belts if worn out or need replacements. I had this issue with my camry. small stone struck into the pad when tire was removed and the mechanic tried to check the pad, stone came out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

What type of rumbling noise it is, plastic, rubber or metal that can help in debugging. If you can record the noise on an empty road will be the best.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have attached the video. The noise is clearly audible once the speed reaches 40 kmph (at approx 00:12 on the video). I release the gas once the car reaches 80 kmph and you will notice the noise has stopped. And when I start to accelerate the noise starts.

I was by informed by someone that this is a gear noise which for me is a bigger worry. Hence, wanted some opinions before I start working with the mechanic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

5 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

I have attached the video. The noise is clearly audible once the speed reaches 40 kmph (at approx 00:12 on the video). I release the gas once the car reaches 80 kmph and you will notice the noise has stopped. And when I start to accelerate the noise starts.

I was by informed by someone that this is a gear noise which for me is a bigger worry. Hence, wanted some opinions before I start working with the mechanic.

2014 If it is still under 5 year warranty then straight away consult Honda Service Advisor. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just to eliminate the most common cause first, jack up the vehicle front end and shake front tires sideways and up and down to see if there is a play. If they have a play its wheel bearing noise, get it changed. If no play spotted then rotate the tires with one hand and hold the suspension spring with another, if you feel vibration in springs it means wheel bearing is on its way out.

Second doubt is drive line, start with U-joint as a first guess. Inspect the u-joint, shake them nicely to see if any play, if they have grease nipples, then put some grease first and test again.

Gear is probably the last bet, but knowing Honda notorious gear reputation, can't rule out that. Will let more techy boys shine their wisdom now.

• Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It is the gear had inspected the front end fully last year if you put it in neutral then the sound becomes very faint and when in drive then the sound is clear....

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, shadow79 said:

It is the gear had inspected the front end fully last year if you put it in neutral then the sound becomes very faint and when in drive then the sound is clear....

But then by that logic, in my XJ what was thought to be the differential turned out to be the front drive shaft joint. Even over there the noise used to come faintly when accelerating to 2H and loudly in 4H. Guess when there is force applied the noise increases.

Tell me one point, when I am driving in D, and releasing the accelerator why does the noise stop.

• Like (+1) 1