•  
Advertise here

Patrol 2010 stops while driving

Nissan Patrol 2010 model new shape 

The Car switches off while driving on any speed just loses power.  Took to the dealers but they couldn't detect the problem they said all is fine and charged for checking. They cant understand why is this happening. Please if anyone knows about this problem let me know or can suggest some garage where I can take this car. 

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

Congrats on your new ride.

Have you gone to original Nissan Dealer or Nishaan Dealer in Dragon Mart, lololol.

How come they cannot solve the problem?

Is car is GCC spec or exported?

How many km driven?

How often this cut-off happen? At what speed? After how long driving?

Any other aftermarket electronics installed like theft control, remote starter etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Btw Diamond, tagging in keyword tag shows and used in site search only.

If you need to tag someone to send them notification to call for help do this

@Barry @shadow79

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Congrats on your new ride.

Have you gone to original Nissan Dealer or Nishaan Dealer in Dragon Mart, lololol.

How come they cannot solve the problem?

Is car is GCC spec or exported?

How many km driven?

How often this cut-off happen? At what speed? After how long driving?

Any other aftermarket electronics installed like theft control, remote starter etc.

How I wish it was mine. 1 Day for sure.

Not my ride its my Bosses car. Bhai he took it Nissan Arabian Motor. Its GCC model. it was beautiful ride now its 157K now just having this problem. some time it can go several Kms before switching off other time wont even go 2 km. Service only in Nissan . Full history. Engine is V8 but doesn't seem to give so that much power.

8 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Btw Diamond, tagging in keyword tag shows and used in site search only.

If you need to tag someone to send them notification to call for help do this

@Barry @shadow79

OK

• Like (+1) 1

If the car is GCC and has a full service history, then owner need to put a strong foot down and ask Nissan to diagnose and fix it, as they simply can't say "I Don't Know". 

Ask them to give this "I Don't Know" in writing first.

Then explore consumer rights option first, and if needed write a nice email to Nissan Japan for seeking help.

With your present story, you will very easily get ripped off outside and waste ton of money and time for as simple as cam position sensor replacement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Nissans have made notoriously shit engines especially those big 400 engines their vti sensors fookup then their high pressure mechanical pump also makes such problem and rarely the bcm and pcm also makes such problems best way is to hook up and view live data you might stumble upon the culprit its such a shame that it has so much power yet very fragile we fixed quite many...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

38 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

If the car is GCC and has a full service history, then owner need to put a strong foot down and ask Nissan to diagnose and fix it, as they simply can't say "I Don't Know". 

Ask them to give this "I Don't Know" in writing first.

Then explore consumer rights option first, and if needed write a nice email to Nissan Japan for seeking help.

With your present story, you will very easily get ripped off outside and waste ton of money and time for as simple as cam position sensor replacement.

Thank you Bhai, Very true. I will do that tomorrow as I have already got written complains and Bill for checking. I will ask them to give me in written statement. Thank you so much for advise again. 

• Like (+1) 1