•  
Advertise here

Can i mix different engine oil brand for top up?

AAhmad

Can i mix different engine oil brand for top? I got my car service with Enoc with some gold or premium something oil, now im in abu dhabhi and need a oil top maybe half liter, can i use adnoc lube oil with enoc brand or should i go back to dubai to buy same enoc brand. of course i will use same spec oil as mentioned by kia and as used by enoc guys in last service sticker, thanks guys urgent help is nice.

• Like (+1) 2

If the engine oil is below the minimum level mark, it would be safer to top up with any other brand of oil as long as its the same spec. And if you are near your scheduled service, to do the oil change a bit more earlier than usual.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Welcome to Carnity !

Should be no big issue as long as you keep the same specs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Oil being same spec still different brands have different chemical compositions 

If you are so forced the you can't find the same thing then top it up but change the whole oil as you reach the place where you can get your oil brand...

Edited by shadow79
Spelling mistake
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Keep your eye on the oil pressure light or gauge if equipped and also on temp gauge and ears open for any abnormal sounds from engine plus don't push your car...so that way things don't get stressed...

• Like (+1) 1

Although mixing is not advisable for all the various reasons mentioned above, but if you are topping up then stick to same quality and spec you should be OK. By quality mean, if you got ENOC most expensive oil, then pick same for Adnoc and not the cheapest one. Reason is most oil companies uses the best chemical additives in their flagship product and they should be at par with industry standard as far as oil spec goes.

I use to have this trouble with my Cayenne Turbo as being a turbo car it needed 1 liter every 1500 km and I use to top up with ENOC fully synthetic "green" oil for 48 dhs/liter. Never had any issue with unusual engine noise or temperature.

If this ENOC and ADNOC oil fusion works for you, do update here as it seems very interesting question to me.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It’s not recommended but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do if it gets you out of trouble.

My car is leaking oil from everywhere oil can leak from and I just top it up every week with whatever half empty jar is closest. I think there’s even some motorcycle oil in the engine now. But, I’m scrapping the car in a couple of months so I don’t care any more. Wouldn’t do it on a car I’m planning to keep though. Take from that what you will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1