•  
Advertise here

Buying New Tyres for Pajero

Hi guys,
Iam planning to change tyres for my pajero. Can anyone recommend a good shop. Also the tyre shops in BMW street, are they genuine? Is there a chance that they might sell fake tyres. Suggestion for good tyre brands are also welcome. Looking for onroad tyres with less noise.  

• Like (+1) 3

Since you are looking for onroad tyres, you can look at the Korean tyres like Kumho and Nexen. Good value for your money and are reasonably quiet. If your budget is more than I guess Michelin tyres are the best when it comes less noise.

The tyres sold there are genuine, just ensure that the you can get the manufacturing date as latest as possible. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Chinese and Korean - Moderate noise, cheaper price - I used Kumho in my wife car briefly.

Japanese tire - Bridgestone, Dunlop, Yokohama - less noise, moderate price.

Michelin, Pirelli - No noise, most expensive and Michelin has longest usable life.

So if you plan to keep car for 80k kms use Michelin - the best quality rubber for tires, money can buy.

If you plan for 40K - Japanese are good option, except dunlop as they get noisy after half life (20k).

Don't know the korean life, someone can add further on that.

BMW road tire shops, not all of them sell original. So sticking to some known and old tire shop is a safe bet - Gulf coast, Ardh al emarat, formula tires, century tires. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I abuse Chinese tires on my work car which is mostly driven in the beaten paths of industrial area's so after almost 4th year they become prone to punctures and as far as sound is concerned I don't car as long as it rolls

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/25/2019 at 4:10 AM, Boney John said:

How good is Pirelli tyres for pajero.I just got an offer from ‘zdegree’ online shop. 

Pirelli SC-STR  112H - 425dhs

Pirelli scorpion verde - 525 dhs

Including fitting n taxes . 

One of the best I have used in my Pajero,  Pirelli Scorpion STR

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

One of the best I have used in my Pajero,  Pirelli Scorpion STR

Yes Pirelli and Michelin both are good, you cant go wrong, just compare the prices before you buy.

Al Nahda tire market in Sharjah will def offer better pricing than online alternates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi @Boney John. Sorry for my late response. I have used and done reviews for the Kumho Solus KL21 and the Nitto Duragrapplers on Carnity. It's worth going through both reviews before you take a decision.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1