•  
Advertise here

New Toyota Century

Had no idea that they had a v12 

Only have a vague knowledge that they have a gt 1 which is a super race car

There would be a body in which this would fit without any issues I am sure they always make a lhd of the almost identical frame and name it something else

36 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Unfortunately they make it only in RHD and don't export it.

A lot of people in my country import them to strip the V12 and stick it into Supras.

Japan is weird. I love some of the cars they make but the market is weird. The JDM Mercedes are left hand drive, I’ve seen some being shipped to here. The consensus there is that if you have a LHD car it means you are rich so Stuttgart send the LHD cars to japan who send them back to UAE when they are finished with them. Same car, same specs, but the radio doesn’t work. Most cars you can reprogram the radio to a new country but in japan it’s locked because they don’t want it being reprogrammed to listen to police frequencies. Yakuza, ya know?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

A lot of people in my country import them to strip the V12 and stick it into Supras.

Japan is weird. I love some of the cars they make but the market is weird. The JDM Mercedes are left hand drive, I’ve seen some being shipped to here. The consensus there is that if you have a LHD car it means you are rich so Stuttgart send the LHD cars to japan who send them back to UAE when they are finished with them. Same car, same specs, but the radio doesn’t work. Most cars you can reprogram the radio to a new country but in japan it’s locked because they don’t want it being reprogrammed to listen to police frequencies. Yakuza, ya know?

Not only Mercs but BMWs Caddilacs Jeeps VWs GMC Chevy can all be found LHD. My Dad bought a jap import Caddilac STS with only 30k on the clock. And it was like it just rolled off the factory floor. Had to change the cluster language from jap to English was simple enough. Also came with a Mini Floppy Disc drive in the audio headunit.

Also you will find LHD made in USA accord coupes which were exported to Japan  and now here

• Totally Agree (+2) 1