•  

Fewbie Drive - Lisaili Desert - 27 Sep 2019

Gaurav

49 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Have a safe drive guys.

You will be missed buddy. See you soon again in the Arabian Sands :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Trip Report - What a wonderful time with amazing people and dreamy weather. From being on time, to the smiles, to following advice, all did very well. Starting on time from the meeting point and heading towards the deflation point was quick. The briefing was precise with great advise. @Gaurav bhai in lead followed by @Frederic, @Emmanuel, @Shamil, @AKR and me in the sweep. Some hot air balloons taking off while we had the brief was amazing.

Starting with small, technical and white sand dunes we had a couple of stucks in the first 300 meters. However a good track adjustment saw us breeding through quickly with very few refusals heading towards the long range dunes. We were welcomed to the long range dunes with a beautiful sand formation. After a few cool pics we took off on dream slopes. Everyone managed well.

We had so much fun that it's impossible to state that in words and I doubt that we got any action pics. At times We came across some soft patches, but the best was the "Leap of faith". It was blinding as you head to the top with a light and smooth jump, just enough to give you butterflies in the stomach. We would have loved to continue all day, but with a few more small technical dunes we took the path to the Love Lakes. It was a great break with great food and drinks and some nice chat.

Just as the heat of the day was about to kick in we inflated and left. My best moments were seeing @Frederic gelling in with his daughter, I see her growing in confidence and love to see them bond. Off roading really brings out the best in us.

I've uploaded my pics on the Gallery.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/150-fewbie-drive-lisaili-desert-27-sep-2019

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Trip Report - What a wonderful time with amazing people and dreamy weather. From being on time, to the smiles, to following advice, all did very well. Starting on time from the meeting point and heading towards the deflation point was quick. The briefing was precise with great advise. @Gaurav bhai in lead followed by @Frederic, @Emmanuel, @Shamil, @AKR and me in the sweep. Some hot air balloons taking off while we had the brief was amazing.

Starting with small, technical and white sand dunes we had a couple of stucks in the first 300 meters. However a good track adjustment saw us breeding through quickly with very few refusals heading towards the long range dunes. We were welcomed to the long range dunes with a beautiful sand formation. After a few cool pics we took off on dream slopes. Everyone managed well.

We had so much fun that it's impossible to state that in words and I doubt that we got any action pics. At times We came across some soft patches, but the best was the "Leap of faith". It was blinding as you head to the top with a light and smooth jump, just enough to give you butterflies in the stomach. We would have loved to continue all day, but with a few more small technical dunes we took the path to the Love Lakes. It was a great break with great food and drinks and some nice chat.

Just as the heat of the day was about to kick in we inflated and left. My best moments were seeing @Frederic gelling in with his daughter, I see her growing in confidence and love to see them bond. Off roading really brings out the best in us.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/150-fewbie-drive-lisaili-desert-27-sep-2019

Thanks for the kind words @Rahimdad. You are right, she enjoys the drives and the bonding. We had a fantastic day and look forward to many more of them in the future !

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 9/28/2019 at 10:35 PM, Rahimdad said:

This being my first drive after my unfortunate roll over incident 2 weeks ago, was mentally challenging at first as we encountered some rather tricky dunes right from the get go. Added to that, i was driving a friends vehicle so I had some default inhibitions as well. But however, once we proceeded further down the route, I started getting a hang of the vehicle and the track and I found myself having a lot of fun. I would probably describe this area as a giant egg tray!! This was my first time in the Lisali area and this is by far the most technical area I have ever driven in. This is an area that truly tests ones technical off roading skills. All in all a fun filled day with great people and as usual, looking forward to many more of these as the climate keeps getting more and more favorable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use