•  
Advertise here

Crazy idea - second hand car price guide

Barry

In the UK we have 2 books available. Glass’s Guide and Parker’s Price Guide. 

These are annually released books that show the guide price for all second hand cars graded on mileage and condition. Any decent second hand car dealer has both these books and uses them to price cars when buying and selling. 

It has to be more reliable than pricing cars based on dubizzle where dealers post fake cars that aren’t for sale to artificially inflate prices. 

Something like this could really shake up the market here although I admit it would be a hard sell. People are too brainwashed and set in their ways to accept anything new. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Brilliant idea, but first decide who will pay for such service and then you will be in chicken and egg cycle.

Sellers will say buyers should pay and vice-versa and dealers will say consumer should pay. Ultimately main idea creator will curse himself that why they hell he decided to do something new and helpful in this market.

You will be shocked to hear this, when I sold my Range few days back guy said that I should be paying for RTA passing for transfer and we had a laughing argument over 170 dhs. Finally he gave up when I ask him to check here with any 5 people, if any 1 says seller should pay, Ill happily pay. However if car fails, then i'll pay for it. Finally car passed and he paid, quietly.

Imagine the mentality of a matured person buying 83K car in cash and arguing over 170 dhs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

57 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Brilliant idea, but first decide who will pay for such service and then you will be in chicken and egg cycle.

Sellers will say buyers should pay and vice-versa and dealers will say consumer should pay. Ultimately main idea creator will curse himself that why they hell he decided to do something new and helpful in this market.

You will be shocked to hear this, when I sold my Range few days back guy said that I should be paying for RTA passing for transfer and we had a laughing argument over 170 dhs. Finally he gave up when I ask him to check here with any 5 people, if any 1 says seller should pay, Ill happily pay. However if car fails, then i'll pay for it. Finally car passed and he paid, quietly.

Imagine the mentality of a matured person buying 83K car in cash and arguing over 170 dhs.

Best is to go to the desk of the RTA official and get it cleared out and he will explain who needs to pay what. Been twice in that situation recently and both times had to get the RTA official to adjudicate the matter 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 9/22/2019 at 7:44 PM, Gaurav said:

The books/apps are paid for by whoever wants to buy them wether that be a dealer or end consumer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Barry said:

The books/apps are paid for by whoever wants to buy them wether that be a dealer or end consumer. 

In theory ONLY, but not in reality.

Anything useful but new or unconventional, people have solid resistance to pay unless they are choked out of oxygen to make them realize that spending 100 dhs on right car valuation can save them thousands.

Secondly people happy to waste months in finding right price (for free) by lowering advert price by 1K every week, than paying such services 100 dhs to find the best price. Penny wise pound foolish, statements are made for real people.

Thirdly, anything starting new will be put up against the giants for comparison, so unless such idea is embraced by big known brands, it might not even take-off due to lack of authority, no matter how precise valuation they can provide. Real world people expect new born baby to run in marathon from day one, sad reality.

I wish if I have more time in hand to write few hundred reasons here.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.