•  
Advertise here

Gaurav

7 hours ago, desertdude said:

That's pretty expensive. I pay less for my 03 RR V8

I heard there is some type of pricing difference even on 3rd party if you don't bang much people

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, Gaurav said:

Good luck @MATHEW FELEX I stopped trusting comparison sites soon after they boom here because everyone is in rat race to beat the price and cut solid corners on customer service.

We buy insurance to have peace of mind than just filling documents for RTA renewal, and if that fails in time of need its pointless to save 50 or 100 dhs. I learned it hard way too.

Check with your insurance about road side assistance and add to multi-emirates as you don't wanna get stuck in Sharjah workshop if you live in Al ain. This was the latest result of cutting corners since few years now. You will only face the surprise when you call recovery and he will say NO for inter-emirates drop off.

I was in a hurry though I tried my best to compare all the inclusions, exclusions and additional options that was provided, 

With 0 claims, I paid 1744 AED for BASIC Comprehensive, Additional 200Aed for Rental car benefits upto 7days, Deductible : 350 AED fixed, no agency repair and no specified workshop or area mentioned, could be any of the approved Noor takaful garage in Sharjah or anywhere in the UAE :( )

However, below listed were my main considerations :

1. Estimated Vehicle value :  59k, 2015 LWB

2. Geographical Area Coverage : UAE & Oman (For oman only own damage)

3. Off road cover : (Some of them offers a tricky coverage which mentions only off road pullout or within a limited distance from the road, Noor Takaful did not mention any limitations that I could find to read, other than below )

- Off Road Cover (4x4 / SUV with off-road capability only) : YES

- Off road & desert breakdown recovery : YES

- 24 hours accident & breakdown recovery : YES

- Towing Support : YES (Not sure if its free or there's going to be a charge :p)

4. Windscreen Damage : Upto 3.5k

5. Personal Accident, Driver & Passenger : 200k respectively.

6. Third party liability for bodily injury : Unlimited

7. Third party property Damage : AED 2 M

and many more standard coverage which is offered by all others potential insurance companies these days like coverage for Natural calamities, riot, strike, loss of personal belongings (upto 4k only), Legal liability extended to include family members/passengers as third party, Emergency medical expenses (upto 4k only), Ambulance Services etc.

Anyways, thanks @Gaurav, totally agree to your comment especially on the surprise part after-all life is full of surprises !!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

3rd party insurance for a v6 1100 ? Maybe you have a couple of claims ?

I don't have any claims since over 10 years and btw now all insurance claims are centralize and any insurance can track your claim history, but they don't openly say that.

At the time I renewed Pajero, lowest I got was 1050 and RSA quoted me 1138 (just checked) so for 88 dhs extra I went with RSA for my convenience and other party convenience if I bang into someone.

Car Insurance prices in UAE are very cyclic and it must have lowered now and that's why I asked Fuad to check their latest pricing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

I don't have any claims since over 10 years and btw now all insurance claims are centralize and any insurance can track your claim history, but they don't openly say that.

At the time I renewed Pajero, lowest I got was 1050 and RSA quoted me 1138 (just checked) so for 88 dhs extra I went with RSA for my convenience and other party convenience if I bang into someone.

Car Insurance prices in UAE are very cyclic and it must have lowered now and that's why I asked Fuad to check their latest pricing.

I checked with Oman insurance,RSA and few others and its just changes with very few bucks and i am moving forward with RSA as at the end its always hassle free free service for both parties 

i got same RSA for my pajero and am happy with RSA. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1