•  

Fuel Needs for long trips

Jas Gajaria

Hey Guys, 

During advanced and fast trips of Around 35-40kms I end up going through 40 litres of fuel approx. are there any other Pajero owners who have faced this issue? My main concern is that in a full on 180km trip in Liwa or so I won’t have enough fuel even if I carry a 20 litre tank being a SWB Pajero having 60 litre tank. I am normally in 2nd and 1st gear in 4H... 

Cheers,

Jas 

• Like (+1) 1

What is your on road fuel mileage?

Fuel Consumption in offroad is totally dependent on how much you push your car.

I have swb, with 60 liter tank and crossed liwa few times with additional 20 litre Jerry can.

For saving fuel in offroad, we generally advise everyone to switch to 2WD on flat track. Liwa is no different as it has few kms of patches of barren land where you can cover lot of distance in 2WD.

Also if you are passing through moreeb do check adnoc fuel tanker as a temporary gas station, usually available in winter months little before and after Liwa challenge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

What is your on road fuel mileage?

Fuel Consumption in offroad is totally dependent on how much you push your car.

I have swb, with 60 liter tank and crossed liwa few times with additional 20 litre Jerry can.

For saving fuel in offroad, we generally advise everyone to switch to 2WD on flat track. Liwa is no different as it has few kms of patches of barren land where you can cover lot of distance in 2WD.

Also if you are passing through moreeb do check adnoc fuel tanker as a temporary gas station, usually available in winter months little before and after Liwa challenge.

Hey Gaurav,

The 60 liters gives me 325-330 Highway and Approx 280 City/Hwy Mix. It's shitty 

• Like (+1) 1

It's not shitty, mine is very similar too to give 320 in mix. Might get 350 in highway.

Try Redex fuel additive to bump up as that's a very good fuel system cleaner and only genuine product I found that decreases fuel consumption. Sadly not available in UAE. You can try from Canada and bring it along.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

It's not shitty, mine is very similar too to give 320 in mix. Might get 350 in highway.

Try Redex fuel additive to bump up as that's a very good fuel system cleaner and only genuine product I found that decreases fuel consumption. Sadly not available in UAE. You can try from Canada and bring it along.

I guess it's just my right foot then! Anyways while I'm out of the country the car has gone for some serious power updates. Maybe will help me keep my foot out of if (I doubt) lol. Thanks with the Redex, I'll see if I can source some :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Here our latest trip log

IMG-20190925-WA0003.jpg

Thanks for the affirmation Gaurav, I've done Liwa in the past but it wasn't with the Pajero and thought I'd get some quick Mod suggestions while the car is sitting at the garage anyways. Used to drive my dads Prado before which did the drive within the 80L tank no problem. I guess there's no need :D

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

I guess it's just my right foot then! Anyways while I'm out of the country the car has gone for some serious power updates. Maybe will help me keep my foot out of if (I doubt) lol. Thanks with the Redex, I'll see if I can source some :D

The Redex came recommended by @Gaurav and i must agree that it has reduced my consumption slightly. I used to get maximum 390-400kms on highway, now i am around 420-430 on average. The biggest change i noticed was the idling. Although my injectors were cleaned a while back by a guy in Rashidiya, after having used two bottles of Redex, the idling became more stable.

I get the Redex through desertcart.ae 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

The Redex came recommended by @Gaurav and i must agree that it has reduced my consumption slightly. I used to get maximum 390-400kms on highway, now i am around 420-430 on average. The biggest change i noticed was the idling. Although my injectors were cleaned a while back by a guy in Rashidiya, after having used two bottles of Redex, the idling became more stable.

I get the Redex through desertcart.ae 

You put it in with every oil change? at What interval

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

You put it in with every oil change? at What interval

it's a fuel additive, Every bottle is good for 4 fuel tanks,  You can slightly increase the amount if your idling is unstable. I remember putting half a bottle in it the first two refills.

Here is the link:

https://www.desertcart.ae/products/57497251

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use