•  
Advertise here

Buying a Hydraulic Jack for SUV (Pajero, Pathfinder)

Fuad

Most of us here has a JZX 2 ton jack with swivel neck (150 dhs) from Dragon mart. Without swivel neck 130 dhs, swivel is better to reach and operate from any angle.

Looks very similar to this image

Image result for jzx floor jack

@Jas Gajaria I am not sure if money or weight is a concern but in both cases failure rate of 50% and above is sufficient to consider safer jacking option unless you bolt bottle jack base on a wide metal/wooden base.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Most of us here has a JZX 2 ton jack with swivel neck (150 dhs) from Dragon mart. Without swivel neck 130 dhs, swivel is better to reach and operate from any angle.

Looks very similar to this image

Image result for jzx floor jack

@Jas Gajaria I am not sure if money or weight is a concern but in both cases failure rate of 50% and above is sufficient to consider safer jacking option unless you bolt bottle jack base on a wide metal/wooden base.

I agree with @Gaurav but how we can strap such a metal piece in our offroad vehicle. I am a but concerned about it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Fuad said:

I agree with @Gaurav but how we can strap such a metal piece in our offroad vehicle. I am a but concerned about it.

If you stack up stuff nicely, you will be surprise how much stuff you can "safely" store in your boot.

Looks like you haven't had a look at my SWB minuscule boot space. And I'm carrying this jack with 50 other items.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Get yourself a nice big plastic tool box that is properly strapped in your trunk. Speedex has very nice ones for 100-150dhs. 

I use one for storing recovery rope, shackles, floorjack, gloves, etc... 

959043122__10.jpg.f115cead9c0c89bee68f49f36a2b62e9.jpg

storage-box-55ltrs-yellow-grey-red-green-hoja-.jpg.2ab7bf1aeda7409f575a032738ab6481.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I used a huge cool box (metal reinforced to strap it) to store all stuff, but soon things outgrow and moved to layers and stack up style and then securing all with spider net.

Almost double the stuff you can store and easy access to almost anything anytime than digging inside the box.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I used a huge cool box (metal reinforced to strap it) to store all stuff, but soon things outgrow and moved to layers and stack up style and then securing all with spider net.

Almost double the stuff you can store and easy access to almost anything anytime than digging inside the box.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

If you’re going to buy a jack, spend a bit extra and buy a pair of axle stands also. They aren’t expensive and they could save your life. Folding ones are available for people who are short on storage space, like this,

C9EA7362-A7D6-413B-A7D1-F5688B8A0070.jpeg.d6b05ea48005de62201c232d4c1232dc.jpeg

I borrowed a trolley jack and axle stands a couple of weeks ago to do a small job for a friend. I jacked the car up and put a stand under to support it, then went under the car to do what I had to do. I left the Jack there as I usually do and when I came out from underneath, the jack had sunk to the floor. If it wasn’t for the axle stand, the car would have come down and crushed me. Not the first time this has happened to me either.

Supporting the car when it’s in the air is more important than getting it in the air. Don’t mess around with jacking up cars because accidents can and do happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

There are lightweight aluminum floor jacks with double piston lifting system but they make your pocket bleed....

Low profile front end shouldn't be of concern as that is mostly useful for low riding sport cars which here in off roading has no place...

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2019 at 3:46 PM, Fuad said:

If you buy it from JZX shop in Dragon Mart, it comes with a box. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 9/27/2019 at 7:14 PM, Emmanuel said:

If you buy it from JZX shop in Dragon Mart, it comes with a box. 

not all of them 😭 mine is JZX but did not come with the box, but maybe because I got the 3 ton instead of the 2 ton. I secured everything with ratchet straps like this one so that jack won't go anywhere. 

image.png.28fe4d187d5c93808dcd07a7c7009aed.png

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use