•  
Advertise here

Vibration at Low Speed and Idling

I have recently changed my Timing Belt but after the change of belt there is vibration when i m in slow traffic or complete stop which reduces and sometime disappears after some 10-20 Secs. Noticeably vibration is not constant some times there is no vibrations. 

I went back to mechanic but as per him its will take time for new belt to set in, its been 2 weeks but still same case  

No vibration noticed while normal drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

I’ve never heard about a belt that has to settle in. 🤔

Where do you notice the vibration ? On the steering wheel, the whole car ? Is there a noise that comes with it ?

Is the car running fine and stable on idle ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

I’ve never heard about a belt that has to settle in. 🤔

Where do you notice the vibration ? On the steering wheel, the whole car ? Is there a noise that comes with it ?

Is the car running fine and stable on idle ?

Its the whole car , No noise , sometime stable some time vibration but after 10-20 secs it goes way or it disppaers as soon as you start moving 

I have changed spark plugs as well with timing belt 

• Like (+1) 1

Timing belts don’t settle in. It is a critical engine part. It’s either right or it’s wrong. And I guess in your case the person who fitted it, fitted it wrong. 

It’s best to go to someone who knows what they are doing and make sure the timing marks are aligned. It will cost you 2 hours labour max. The sooner you fix it the better. I recommend good garages to you on Whatsapp. I don’t know why you didn’t go to them. Too much kandoos yaar?

@Gaurav can testify what happens when someone puts a timing belt on wrong. 3 years ago I repaired his pajero. Someone put a timing belt on wrong. Both cams were one tooth out. The engine ended up with bend valves, loss of power and a poot poot doof doof noise. I fixed it. Because I know what I’m doing. Pay small prices, expect small rewards. People avoid me because I charge big. I don’t charge big. I charge what I’m worth.

Stupid people who think they know about cars are the bane of my life. They also pay my rent fixing the mistakes they made. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Timing belts don’t settle in. It is a critical engine part. It’s either right or it’s wrong. And I guess in your case the person who fitted it, fitted it wrong. 

It’s best to go to someone who knows what they are doing and make sure the timing marks are aligned. It will cost you 2 hours labour max. The sooner you fix it the better. I recommend good garages to you on Whatsapp. I don’t know why you didn’t go to them. Too much kandoos yaar?

@Gaurav can testify what happens when someone puts a timing belt on wrong. 3 years ago I repaired his pajero. Someone put a timing belt on wrong. Both cams were one tooth out. The engine ended up with bend valves, loss of power and a poot poot doof doof noise. I fixed it. Because I know what I’m doing. Pay small prices, expect small rewards. People avoid me because I charge big. I don’t charge big. I charge what I’m worth.

Stupid people who think they know about cars are the bane of my life. They also pay my rent fixing the mistakes they made. 

No Kandoos 😋 We have in house workshop in our Company, so my Colleague suggested to get it done here as car will be available easily

On second Note i didn't got reference on my watsup, as far i remember you were on vacation  and supposed to get back to me 

Are interested to look into it ? 

• Like (+1) 1