•  
Advertise here

What is your best 4 hobbies?

Derick

Started of as a hobby and turned semi professional at it. Music production and sound engineering.

Realistic Flight Simulator. Current weapon of choice. Flight Simulator X steam edition and favourite bird to fly the PMDG Boeing 777.

Semi professional at video editing also but ever since I started getting paid work for it I stopped enjoying it so I stopped. Mostly because clients want a Hollywood blockbuster at late night cable infomercial budget. 

Wrenching on my and buddies ride is obvious of course. 

I would love to learn electronics as in where I can design my own PCB or maybe even start off with simple troubleshooting, diagnostics and repairs on things like lcd tvs, mobile phones and motherboards etc etc.

Also really really really interested in astronomy nowadays ever since seeing the Hubble deep space image and first images of a black hole. 

Still looking for that right type of telescope at the right price to come along

• Like (+1) 5
  • WOW (+2) 2

1) Music. Listening to almost all genres of music since I was a small kid. Unfortunately never had the talent nor the patience to learn to play an instrument. Deejayed for 15+ years for private parties and few years in clubs. 

2) Hifi and Sound. Former hobby where i was installing sound systems in cars and houses. 

3) DIY repairs. Always have stuff laying around the house to fiddle with or repair. 

4) Dogs. Totally in love with my two Salukis and walking them calms me down 

5) Offroading with Carnity and camping during winter season. Absolutely love it. Exploring Oman is also part of that.

IF I’d have more time and money I’d look into:

- Astronomy 

- Overlanding

- Music production 

- Collecting old cars 

- Photography 

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1. Cars - researching, buying, driving, fixing, modifying, selling, everything.
  2. Off-road - exploring new places, meeting new faces, training others and learning new stuff.
  3. Photography - more of ex hobby, as I tend to forget basics if not using the skills often.
  4. Biking - if weather permits, really calms me down.
  5. Swimming - occasionally now, just had a dip today after a very long time.
  6. Music - thumping playlist on long drives especially.

Wish list

1. Professional photography on regular basis, if time permits to pursue.
  2. Astronomy - if I get good guidance and training locally.
  3. Cross country off-road exploration.
  4. Hiking - Extreme level.
  • Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

For me my hobbies have to be as follows.

1) Off-roading.

2) 10 pin bowling

3) Cricket

4) coin collection.

I have coins which have already been discontinued including AED 5 coins from the 80s, special coins introduced by UAE, Dutch Builders, even some rare coins from the great Roman Empire one of the first forms of currency to be introduced to the world.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

Great Conversation starter! 
1. Cars - I enjoy just learning and reading about anything related to cars, plus the weekly drives! 

2. Piano - Played the piano for almost 14 years now, great way to just relax and be creative! 

3. Sports - I need some form of physical activity through the week, Particually enjoy Weights and Play Tennis semi professionally. 

4 - Always enjoy a good chai with the mates! 

• Like (+1) 3

Here are mine- 

1) Astronomy - I've been it doing for 45 years.

2) Cosmology- Ditto

3) Writing about astronomy and cosmology on a freelance basis for clients all over the world

4) Delivering talks and lectures to the paying public- the person or organisation that hires me gets to to choose the topic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 3

In no particular order,

1 - Cars. That’s obvious, that’s why we’re on Carnity

2 - Music. I listen to a lot of genres. Play a few instruments too. I’ve been neglecting my playing but I started getting back into guitar and ukulele a couple of weeks ago. Been playing keyboards since I was 4-5 so it’s a lifelong thing 

3 - Beer. I gave up drinking spirits a long time ago but I love to try new beers as much as possible 

4 - DIY.  I love fixing broken stuff. Next project is the water heater in the apartment now that winter is coming

At home I used to enjoy hunting, mostly crossbow, sometimes shotgun and LR. It’s hard to beat some fresh fried rabbit. I used to fish a lot too, easy when the river is a 20 second walk from my back door. Fish from the supermarket can’t compare to a fresh trout or salmon you caught yourself. I used to hike a lot and would regularly spend 3-4 days in the mountains with just me and my dog and a tent. I used to cycle a lot. Used to be into racing too but it’s an expensive hobby. I miss my old life but it’s hard to do these things in UAE

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Never knew Beer can be counted as a hobby too, let me update my list with 20+ items then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.