•  

Absolute Newbie/Newbie drive Maliha 4 Oct

Rahimdad

It was a really good experience. You guys helped us a lot to grow confidence by pacing the ride so well. I look forward to joining the next rides. 

I tried to upload a small clip on the gallery, however the file size was bigger than the 50mb limit. I am sharing its youtube link below. Just a small 30 second edit from yesterdays ride. Hope you guys like it :) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Halit Mert Issever said:

It was a really good experience. You guys helped us a lot to grow confidence by pacing the ride so well. I look forward to joining the next rides. 

I tried to upload a small clip on the gallery, however the file size was bigger than the 50mb limit. I am sharing its youtube link below. Just a small 30 second edit from yesterdays ride. Hope you guys like it :) 

Cool video buddy ! 

You did great yesterday. Looking forward to see your growth on the next drives 👍

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good morning everybody, 

It was a pleasure to meet you all, looking forward to meet you soon. To the "sleepers/ silent readers" of the forum who are considering to join but hesitating (because you might feel uncomfortable to join a new club) , the Carnity off-road club is a friendly, not pushing, and what's very important, safety first - community. If you are hesitating, don't worry, just show up, you will not regret that you came.

The day started with a safety-briefing. It might be long for some people, but certainly necassary for new joiners. When you start operating a vehicle/ machine or anything that might hurt yourself/ other people/ environment, it is important that there is an understanding of the individual who is participating and also important, that the group has an idea of what kind of person they are dealing with for the first time.

A difference in: -nationality, -equipment, -experience + the new environment for a totally new bie, a briefing is the tool to bring all the heads together.

I can only encourage such briefings. It might be boring for some and they might loose the interest (especially in the early morning where we are thinking of our soft bed and pillow). Even if the person only remembers a bit what was given during a briefing/ instruction/ a shared story or de-brief, this little bit is still something new he or she has learned. 

I just wanted to emphasise this part of the day, because I believe that there are people who think that such new-bie briefings are excessive, but keep up the good work marshallers, keep doing it.

The drive itself was progressive, good learning curve, opportunities to play a bit. For the newbies there was the opportunity to practice with in seat instruction. Very good to build your confidence.

The day ended with a social gathering in the shades to de-brief, share stories and introduce ourself a bit. My apologises that I only had Oreos to share :).

I hope to see you soon, but with my work I rarely have a day off on a Friday (I requested this Friday off, just to join you). Let's see when I am lucky with the scheduling department.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Sorry @Atif. Bhai. Maybe next time I will call you before leaving home to make sure you're up. Thanks for sharing the video @Halit Mert Issever you'll get better with every drive. Dank U @Xaf for your kind words and spirit, Oreos are my favourite. Will always have my eyes searching for your sign up.

• Like (+1) 5

On 10/3/2019 at 7:10 PM, Srikumar said:

@Boney Johnohn if you have not yet been able to remove the rear aluminium bumper lip, don't worry. Join the drive, and I will give you a hand in the morning. Should take about 10 mins

sorry guys, I couldn't make it . Got stuck with something very important. Will catch up next time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use