•  

Absolute Newbie/Newbie drive Maliha 4 Oct

Rahimdad

After the success of the last Absolute Newbie Drives and with the weather getting better over the last couple of weeks I am announcing this drive. However if no absolute newbies sign up we might up the level depending on the convoy signed up. This time we will drive in Maliha / Kalba area that offers perfect opportunity to learn in very safe and easy tracks to medium rolling dunes. Looking for an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have a great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.

Since timing will be crucial I request everyone to respect everyone and be on time.

When: 4 October 2019

Meeting time: 5:00 AM for Absolute Newbie and 5:30 am for Newbie and above, the convoy will move at sharp 5:45 AM

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/ye28yTnTSYr

Level: All levels welcome.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 9:00 AM

What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

Please RSVP on the below calendar.

• Like (+1) 4

@Boney John welcome to Carnity Off road club. This is just an introduction drive to the sands. A completely stock Pajero is more than capable to handle the toughest offroad terrain. You're most welcome to join.

That being said, just do yourself a huge favour. Remove the rear silver piece in the rear bumper, I think it's held by 4 nuts which can be easily removed. These tend to scoop sand and get bent on the normal drives.

Looking forward to catching you on the sand this Friday.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

8 minutes ago, Halit Mert Issever said:

Hi all,

I'm coming on Friday too. Do we have to bring anything technical with us? (e.g. air compressor, radio)

Welcome to Carnity !

The following items are recommended for every drive, but if you don’t have them yet, let us know so we can advise you.

- Air Compressor 

- Shovel (full size laborer shovel , not a small foldable one)

- Two way UHF radio with ability to set the manual frequency. (We use 462.8875 MHz). 

- Off-road flag.

- Sufficient water and smiles. 

We have spare radios for new joiners and for your first drive only the compressor and a shovel will do. 

You’ll find tons of information on our forum on these advised items, where to buy, type, model, etc. But don’t hesitate to ask. 

See you on Friday !

1 hour ago, Xaf said:

Hi everybody, I re-activated my account. Finally I got a Friday off so I will join you with the absolute newbie drive.

In the meanwhile I have been to the desert a few times. But I respect the system and will come at 05:00.

Hey Xaf welcome back buddy ! 

See you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I'm bringing my own shovel and offroad flag. But I have not gotten my radio and air compressor yet, I will need some help with those. I'm glad that you are bringing them.

See you there at 5 am :)

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Halit Mert Issever said:

I'm bringing my own shovel and offroad flag. But I have not gotten my radio and air compressor yet, I will need some help with those. I'm glad that you are bringing them.

11 minutes ago, Halit Mert Issever said:

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

All the newbies @Adam Marston @Xaf @Halit Mert Issever please introduce yourself with your 4x4 and previous offroad experience (if any) that will help trip lead to plan the convoy.

Secondly the most important thing is to check your 4x4 front and back tow hook are there and in good usable shape. Without tow hooks no one is advise to venture offroad.

Thirdly, all offroad gears are recommended but as it's your first newbie drive so it's ok even if you dont have them. Once you get hang of this new hobby, get your gear sorted as Fred mentioned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use