•  
Advertise here

Pajero central differential lock light flashing

4 hours ago, Sidshk said:

After change of Solenoid vibration after 100 Kms is gone and car is quite stable 

But still it Vibrates on Gear and Reverse, Also  hesitates when Fan cuts off 

Engine is misfiring. 

The most common sign for Bad Coil, Any suggestion to check if which Coils is gone ? 

Plug the car in. Open up live data and look at misfire indicator. It will tell you exactly which cylinder the problem is on. Basic stuff, any mechanic worth his salt should pick this up first time

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Barry this reminds me of OLD Pajero days. You fixed it with your eyes closed. I am sure by this time you got your PHD in Pajeros.

I really thought you could fix Pajeros ONLINE by now.

Regarding the differential flashing light. My Pajero had loose pipe which was fixed by OIL change attendant and my 4x4 was fine after that.

Edited by DiamondDallas
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/6/2019 at 6:23 PM, Barry said:

Plug the car in. Open up live data and look at misfire indicator. It will tell you exactly which cylinder the problem is on. Basic stuff, any mechanic worth his salt should pick this up first time

Tried with Multiple Garages some cannot connect and which connects cannot tell anything 

Changed 2 Coils but still vibrations on Idle , more while stopping in D 

• WOW (+2) 1

I do have a scanner and if you have time to come to Ajman then I can hook it up and see if we can pull some codes

And regarding the engine mounts even if it's ripped in 2 you can visually check unless you test them...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, shadow79 said:

I do have a scanner and if you have time to come to Ajman then I can hook it up and see if we can pull some codes

And regarding the engine mounts even if it's ripped in 2 you can visually check unless you test them...

Thanks saleem bhai , I will call u shortly 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final Update 

Vibration was due to 1 teeth missing , Last night we opened everything again and found out left side Belt was missed by 1 1/2 timing.

It took me 6 Sparks Plug, 2 coil and cleaning of Injectors to find out this cause. in this course my Manifold was damaged due to wrong fitting.

Finally the vibrations are gone, but will drive for a week to see if it returns 

bb.jpg

Edited by Sidshk
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Sidshk said:

Final Update 

Vibration was due to 1 teeth missing , Last night we opened everything again and found out left side Belt was missed by 1 1/2 timing.

It took me 6 Sparks Plug, 2 coil and cleaning of Injectors to find out this cause. in this course my Manifold was damaged due to wrong fitting.

Finally the vibrations are gone, but will drive for a week to see if it returns 

bb.jpg

Now i would assume you whipped that mechanic across the head with a size 32 spanner ? Who will bear all the costs here ?

• Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."