•  
Advertise here

Car theft and break-ins in UAE

Atif

Just wished to remind everyone that its not a good idea to leave anything of value in the car overnight. My car was broken into as there was a FedEx envelope left by my daughter inside. Fortunately, it was empty. However, they tried to open the fuse box too for some reason.

Another reminder, don’t leave your car engine ON unattended even if the key is with you. Although this happened in a neighboring country where my brothers BMW was taken for a joy ride while he was collecting his laundry. Insurance refused to compensate too. He was lucky though as two weeks later the Police were reported by a gentleman about an unidentifiable car parked outside the persons home.

F26C68BF-5C9A-4F3A-A8C5-535C811C8664.jpeg

7FCD15D9-89E4-4BEE-BCDD-C8FBD97A9140.jpeg

D96311F0-2F63-475D-97DB-0682BD4F045E.jpeg

Edited by Atif
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

I don't even leave loose coins visible in the car and if there is something I put it in the footwell and cover it with the floor mat

P.S how come car alarm didn't go off?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I don't even leave loose coins visible in the car and if there is something I put it in the footwell and cover it with the floor mat

P.S how come car alarm didn't go off?

It's my old Camry. 2006. I don't think it has an alarm. Infact my Prado Sideview mirror was removed too in the same location. This time I reported it to the Police.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

This worries me. I have left my wallet and phone in the car on many occasions and left the car open. I just always assumed UAE was safe. Time to change the way I think. Thanks for posting and I hope you catch the culprit.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

UAE is indeed very safe compared to rest of the world, but we should be responsible for our own things too.

In such case when new criminal is born, cops will take some time to catch, so during that time, it's a big threat. Thank fully UAE cops and surveillance is top notch to not to spare such criminals and plus law is strict to deal with them accordingly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Atif bhai. I hope all sorts out for you. This is very sad, but while there are some youngsters who are doing it just for thrills, there is a real threat of robberies and thefts taking place. Like @Gaurav bhai has pointed Dubai Police are pretty vigilant and doing a great job to keep Dubai a safe place.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/dubai-police-foils-car-theft-attempt-1.66817801

BTW @Atif bhai are you coming in your Prado or Camry tomorrow?

5 hours ago, Atif said:

It's my old Camry. 2006. I don't think it has an alarm. Infact my Prado Sideview mirror was removed too in the same location. This time I reported it to the Police.

Maybe you need to stop parking in the same location

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe the alarm rang and they removed the fuse. Or just open the fuse box thinking they can short two wires under the steering to start the car as shown in movies.

Next time leave the keys on sun visor, as that's the best place everyone leaves in Hollywood movies, so they dont break anything.

• Haha (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Atif bhai. I hope all sorts out for you. This is very sad, but while there are some youngsters who are doing it just for thrills, there is a real threat of robberies and thefts taking place. Like @Gaurav bhai has pointed Dubai Police are pretty vigilant and doing a great job to keep Dubai a safe place.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/dubai-police-foils-car-theft-attempt-1.66817801

BTW @Atif bhai are you coming in your Prado or Camry tomorrow?

Which ever is leftover in the morning but prefer the Prado 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

That fuse door is usually has pocket to put change coins this use to happen in our neighborhood very much then police petrol increased all became good then few months ago the broke in 12 cars in one night on the same street...

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1