•  
Advertise here

ADNOC Lubricant quality

Atif

What is your view about the quality of engine oils being sold by ADNOC when compared with other international brands. I am going away from agency service for the regular servicing of my vehicle so wanted to know if semi-synthetic oil offered at ADNOC is safe to use for my Prado. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Semi Synthetic of any make is just a waste of money. Because there is no set guidelines as to what constitutes as semi Synthetic they can mix in 0.5% of semi syn and legally still sell it as semi syn. So busy out a little extra and get fully syn or save up and go full dino oil.

As for Adnoc I used it long term on my range rovers and discovery and had no issues with it. At 300k I opened up the disco motor to replace the timing chain and it was still clean as a whistle.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Have been using adnoc silver 10w40 in most of my customers and my own cars never had an issue 

If you fancy and can shell out some extra then go for full synthetic 5w40 Lexus oil should run good for 50+ ambiance temperatures....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/3/2019 at 3:16 PM, Atif said:

What is your view about the quality of engine oils being sold by ADNOC when compared with other international brands. I am going away from agency service for the regular servicing of my vehicle so wanted to know if semi-synthetic oil offered at ADNOC is safe to use for my Prado. 

I was told by my mechanic that oil sold on petrol stations with their own brands is not good for the engine.

He showed me some pictures of the engine full of some dirty old leftovers of the oil even though the owner was changing oil every 10000kms. The only thing that it was petrol station oil.

I personally can recommend Shell Synthetic oil from one of the authorized sellers. It is known to be good and reasonably priced.  

• Like (+1) 2

I expect ADNOC to be world class but yes I will re-consider opting to a synthetic one possibly Mobil. ADNOC stations have been convenient places too so I have been using them for my older car but now with my Prado I want to ensure that it lasts well in the off-road stress condition.

Thanks for your advice,Mikhail.

• Like (+1) 1

No fuel station engine oil quality matches the international brands like: Mobil 1, Castrol or Shell. Period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:08 PM, Gaurav said:

No fuel station engine oil quality matches the international brands like: Mobil 1, Castrol or Shell. Period.

Do you have any idea of prices? I got a quote of Aed170 for 1 gallon Mobil,just for the oil. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Atif said:

Do you have any idea of prices? I got a quote of Aed170 for 1 gallon Mobil,just for the oil. 

Yes, it's right. I buy 170 from Shj or 185 from Aweer for Mobil 1 - "0W-40" Advanced Fully Synthetic Motor Oil.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-08 at 11.48.11 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-08 at 11.48.11 AM (1).jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.