•  
Advertise here

Honda Accord 2012 reducing Engine Oil

@Barry @shadow79 @treks what do you think of PCV in the above video....? Could be a culprit....?

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Pvc valve makes a notorious smoke. They usually go bad in German cars in Japanese this rarely happen

If using 10w40 is reducing oil then I would advise to use a thicker blend of 20w50 you might reduce less oil and also reduce the duration between oil changes... Honda's are strong engines but if not taken care like any engine problems start to begin...it could be leaking valve seals or worn down rings if there is no visible leaks in the engine bay...do you see smoke when you start the car in the morning..?

Get someone to follow you at highway and ask them to notice the exhaust for any smoke coming out...

• Like (+1) 4

My Honda Accord is also drinking few amount of oil,that was what the garage guy told me last time. Now i am checking oil weekly once for the reduction. Hasn’t found reduction yet. Waiting for the sign.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MisterPoet said:

There is no smoke at all from the car. 

There are 2 questions there for you to answer...

(1) is there smoke 1st thing in the morning when you start the car ?

(2) Is there smoke when in highway speeds ?

you will need someone's help in both cases to take note of the exhaust....

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Barry @shadow79 @treks what do you think of PCV in the above video....? Could be a culprit....?

PCV systems can be notoriously finicky, as @shadow79 correctly points out. 

The best thing to do here is to put a vacuum gauge on the dipstick pipe- it is likely that the engine vacuum is excessive, which must be checked against service information. If it is, the PCV system is sucking oil out of the engine, and the only way to fix that is to check the entire system for anything untoward. However, a good starting point would be to replace the PCV valve.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1