•  

Absolute Newbie / Newbie Drive - Maliha - 18th Oct 2019

Srikumar

15 hours ago, shadow79 said:

There are 9 people coming I am pretty sure they all have place for at least 1 person and some are driving alone so they have place for 6 more person's in their cars . Anyone will be more than happy to accommodate 1 person so they can help to navigate...

I'll tag along next time then for sure, now that I know there won't be a problem joining any of the drivers.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Due to heavy fog drive will be slightly delayed. Drive safe

Fog or such natural causes are only exception for delayed drive start, otherwise we should always start and finish on time.

Waiting for one or few is disrespectful to all others time who were punctual.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Trip Report - After a fight within myself to join Sweihan champs or future prospects for champs I decided to go with the Newbies. Most of us were excited and were well ahead of time specially @Halit Mert Issever who was first on the scene. Like @Gaurav bhai mentioned being late is disrespectful to those who make it ahead of time and nobody should be late. Timings are given on every drive thread and without exception should be adhered to by all.

After a delay we started with the absolute newbie brief and it was good to see people like @Xaf understand, embrace and able to convey the message to the new people joining in. We started moving right after the brief in heavy fog to the deflation point. We reached safely and started deflation. Luck being on our side the fog had lifted by the time we deflated so after a quick convoy numbering we were off.

I love @Srikumar lead as it is very close to the way I handle such drives as well. He started with a few tracks to settle everybody in and later increased to difficulty level to keep everybody engaged. Plus in general the learning curve is much better once people get to a goid start. However we were not without stucks or refusals, and I love @Halit Mert Issever smile every time he was able to clear a refusal.

We eventually reached our play area where all the experienced drivers took a shot at side slopping. Once the concept was clear and after a few attempts everybody enjoyed that little play time. This got us hungry and led us to a shaded area near the camel farm. As guessed by the kids the little black things might have looked like stones, but we're actually camel dung. We sat around having breakfast, a few stories, but loads of smiles and my day was already made.

After pack up the fun was not over and we headed towards the top of Fossil Rocks. This space presented more challenges than usual. However as a team we were able to March on and find ways to defeat the terrain to reach the top. Upon close inspection of the top it was decided we would not go down straight but around the Fossil Rocks. But with me around no is not an option, so I found a way around with Abhay, Roshan, Xaf, Mert, Bony and Shamil all making it down straight. I had to go back up to support Sri, Adil and Atif bhai around the Fossil Rocks.

We met at the base of Fossil Rocks to head out to the Adnoc pump to inflate. Everybody managed well and looking forward to many more such drives in the upcoming season. Keep rocking, until next time this is Rahimdad signing off.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use