•  
Advertise here

Pathfinder 2002-2005 what to look out for

syedyaseer

15 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Any old vehicle comes with some amount of love and work to make it tic longer. Just make sure engine and gear are good. 2002 - 2005 came with the 3.5 litre version. First thing get all the oils and liquids drained, put in New ones. Check all the rubber bushings, hoses, pipes, etc and change whatever is necessary. It might cost you just under 2k but well worth to keep it running.

Do you have a bash plate for your pathy ? @Rahimdad @G.huz

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I recently saw a very nicely modified olpost 05 Pathfinder in Muhaisana. Got a 4 inch lift bash plates.

Trust me in this la-la-land seeing is not believing. I have seen tons of highly modified 4x4's by far that stay very far from desert let alone dunes itself.

And even if I see one off strange 4x4 then I wouldn't buy it unless I see his gazillion brother and sister surviving the terrain and heat here.

Secondly, if you have such pathfinder and wish to retire as a desert toy, then its altogether different theory that you can work around with what you have seen with 4 inch lift and bash plate. You put 4 inch lift and bash plate on corrolla, it can do wonders. Buying a new one as a dedicated desert toy is a terrible mistake, when you have so many capable options in the market.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

46 minutes ago, Fuad said:

Do you have a bash plate for your pathy ? @Rahimdad @G.huz

Really don't need a bash plates if you drive sensibly in the dunes For rocks and mountains its worth it. Never had one on any car I've had infact the plastic cover that came with the Land Cruiser we would take out. 

Kept the sand from getting stuck in there and if you had an oil leak it would just turn into oily sand crud.

You'd be surprised at how many kilos of sand some people are carrying around in their bash plates and covers. Because everything we had to take one off to do an oil change a small dune would fall out from under the car.

Which also another thing in sone cars it becomes a PITA to do simple things like an oil change because of the bash plates in the way

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Trust me in this la-la-land seeing is not believing. I have seen tons of highly modified 4x4's by far that stay very far from desert let alone dunes itself.

And even if I see one off strange 4x4 then I wouldn't buy it unless I see his gazillion brother and sister surviving the terrain and heat here.

Secondly, if you have such pathfinder and wish to retire as a desert toy, then its altogether different theory that you can work around with what you have seen with 4 inch lift and bash plate. You put 4 inch lift and bash plate on corrolla, it can do wonders. Buying a new one as a dedicated desert toy is a terrible mistake, when you have so many capable options in the market.

That's the thing if you have decent skills what car really doesnt make too much of a difference. Only cars which I saw were totally shit off road were those full-size crossover type vehicle. Smaller like Rav 4 are also cool but lack of low range is their Achilles's heel

I would totally rock a V8 Pathfinder.

People made fun of me and said my old heavy discovery 1 wouldn't make it 500 mtrs but I went everywhere with it, even dropped some jaws along the way. Including some self proclaimed off road master experts like Wrangler is Wrangler sir ji. If you know who I mean ;) lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Not all lady's owned car are ladies owned and maintained as well some will be done by cheap hairy balls as well..so don't be worried if things start to fall apart after you transfer ownership...have seen quite some cases like that...it's always better to stay alert and check the car nicely before investing on it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

@Barry start putting lol at end so @shadow79 can get the joke.

😂😂

when I see lady owned it means they have hit every kerb in all 7 Emirates and the tyres will be full of bubbles and the alignment will be out of whack

i know “British owned” has become a meme in UAE but when I’m buying random stuff on dubizzle I like buying from British sellers. The price is the price, the item is described as is. There is no “last price” bs. The price advertised is a fair price, pre haggled. You get what you see. 

• Like (+1) 3