•  
Advertise here

Best SUV

Derick

I'm thinking of selling my Pajero and going through the worst resale heart attack. Want to know from all car gurus here which is the best SUV in UAE for road use (no offroad).

Best SUV from resale perspective, reliability, looks and features.

5 or 7 seater doesn't matter as I only need 3-4 pax, 7 is little better for big camping gear or cross country trips.

• Like (+1) 1

With mall crawling creatures, list can be quite exhaustive. Research with this for next few days:

• Best resale + Reliability - Japanese 
  • Looks - German, UK
  • Features - German, UK, US
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Derick said:

I'm thinking of selling my Pajero and going through the worst resale heart attack. Want to know from all car gurus here which is the best SUV in UAE for road use (no offroad).

Best SUV from resale perspective, reliability, looks and features.

5 or 7 seater doesn't matter as I only need 3-4 pax, 7 is little better for big camping gear or cross country trips.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You gotta compromise in some department. 

For looks luxury features and street cred nothing beats a range Rover maybe perhaps the new Rolls Royce Cullinan.

Resale and realibilty can only be found in the Japanese section. But Toyota/Lexus and Nissan/Infiniti have all gone super ugly and features are meh at best and not so luxurious either. And since they have good resale stupidly priced 2nd hand

German SUVs not good looking. The new X7 looks like a mini van. Q7, Touareg and Cayenne all the same car with different tweaks and Germans spoil all their cars trying to make then more sporty .

• Like (+1) 1

I suggest taking some test drives first before a final decision. Of course that would be in the latest models but you should be able to get an idea of the comfort level and engine performance.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Yes I'm open to all brands, just wanted to know which one will be most reliable in 5 year span. People scaring me for German and American brands to fail parts as soon they run out of warranty, is it true?

• Like (+1) 1

That's not only true for German or American cars anymore. That holds true for every new car out of the showroom. If you want reliable go for a Japanese, preferably Toyota. Sure you dish out a little extra upfront, but they are the best in reliability.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Not going offroad and needing extra seats, its better to buy something like a Toyota Innova. There's no point paying more for tires, fuel, maintenance etc for capabilities that will never be used.

Might as well get a Nissan van. I know I wouldn't want to be lugging around friends and family in an Innova and look like an airport cab driver while at it. 

There is a reason luxury SUVs exist 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, desertdude said:

Might as well get a Nissan van. I know I wouldn't want to be lugging around friends and family in an Innova and look like an airport cab driver while at it. 

There is a reason luxury SUVs exist 

True that. Now if only they'd not make them so damn ugly...

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use