•  
Advertise here

Driving Manual Car with Automatic License

syedyaseer

Gentlemen. 

Just want to know if one can drive Manual car holding automatic driving license. Any legal issues? Also did any carnity member tried to convert automatic to manual in Dubai? If yes process please.

Edited by syedyaseer
  • Like (+1) 1

Legally if you're holding an automatic license you cannot drive or register a manual car in your name. Unofficially if the car is manual and you drive it without getting caught there are no implications. However no idea if you get caught.

Part 2 is best left to the experts, so I leave the floor to @shadow79, @Barry and @treks to advise regarding the conversion.

• Thanks (+1) 1

U mean auto to manual conversion for car....?

You can convert license with classss and re test, check with belhasa and EDI.

For driving manual is not allowed on automatic license, but you can buy and register car without any issue, as lately told to me by @Srikumar, please confirm.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

29 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

For driving manual is not allowed on automatic license, but you can buy and register car without any issue, as lately told to me by @Srikumar, please confirm.

yes, that what I was informed by RTA at the registration counter, that you can register a manual vehicle on an automatic license but you cannot drive it, legally atleast.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, syedyaseer said:

Gentlemen. 

Just want to know if one can drive Manual car holding automatic driving license. Any legal issues? Also did any carnity member tried to convert automatic to manual in Dubai? If yes process please.

Do you mean converting an automatic car to work with a manual gearbox? If so, forget it- much cheaper to simply apply for and get the right licence. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, syedyaseer said:

Gentlemen. 

You are seriously into a manual car. 
can we expect something ? 😍

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, syedyaseer said:

Gentlemen. 

No you cannot drive a manual car with an auto license. If it were the case why would they bother having two separate licenses! Common sense mate.

And it's a 500dhs fine from what I can remember.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Fuad said:

You are seriously into a manual car. 
can we expect something ? 😍

Loll. Not at the moment. But yes in near future. BTW my DL is manual only. Working for Galadari Group and getting license I month was the only achievement. That too in 2008 you had to wait for minimum 3 months to get final rta test dates. 

• Like (+1) 1

Where does it state on the drivers license ? I converted my European license when I arrived in Dubai four years back. Never had any questions about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."