•  
Advertise here

Using cruise control.

Atif

I am a regular user of cruise control while driving, both for ease and felt it seemed more fuel efficient.I engage it at any opportunity where the speed is over 60 KM/HR and traffic is flowing. 

I do however keep coming across failed cruise control instances on the roads. In fact, I  came across the following advice in Gulf News after the last incident locally:

https://gulfnews.com/uae/what-to-do-if-your-cars-cruise-control-fails-1.2275388

I wonder what is your view about this. Do many people use cruise control?

• Like (+1) 2

I use cruise control pretty much all the time, it's less stressful for following speed limits and error free to not to get speeding ticket.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I use cruise control on highway only when the traffic is flowing. I wouldn't worry about cruise control failure. If you see all the incidents with cruise control failure it happens only with Emarati Nationals and luckily they haven't given me nationality yet. So no chances of cruise control failing on me.

• Haha (+1) 5

Couple of years ago I read a report in which they mentioned that the reason for that particular incident of cruise control failure was unauthorized modification done by the owner of the car from unauthorized worshop. I'm not aware as what modification was done on it which caused CC to malfunction. 

Edited by syedyaseer
  • Like (+1) 1