•  
Advertise here

Suzuki Liwa

desertdude

Good morning, this is very old video taking rounds on social early this year just after the Jimny launch. God knows the authenticity or if it was a paid influencer job.

You must have got the ice bucket challenge now in RAK huh.

And if in today's world you believe everything you see on screen, then you are saint bro.

I don't even believe my own eyes  "unless" I see good number of repeat heros as everyone here like/drive sleeper cars and I have been fooled quite so many times by "Pride of the Land", "King of the offroad", "Best 4x4 by far" media and marketing bs and wasted ton of money and time to go home frustrated.

It's been close to an year now this new Jimny launched, and I personally have not seen 1 in the UAE desert yet. I have seen 4 - 5 on the road only.

Maybe they all are busy with liwa rounds.

Hope you know in Jimny engine swap is the most easy and RTA friendly as 4 cyl to 4 cyl, but from 1.2/4L (76-100 hp) to 2.0L (160+ hp) vitara engine that kick ass with enough body-weight ratio to make this dinky literally fly on every dune.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I've seen Jimny's roaming around Badayer and Sweihan a few times now, had 2-3 in my convoys at times too. They are an incredible machine BUT only after you put a bit of investment into them. Putting the 2.0 Vitara engine is a little expensive but many opt for the 1.6 liter engine swap which is easy to do and costs only 4-5K. I think @Gaurav has a point here in that the vehicle in the video does not look stock by its performance. However @desertdude the Jim is an awesome car if you're willing to put 10-15k into it to make it take on the world. Oh, and after you modify it... It will climb Moreeb with ease :D

Cheers, 

Jas

Edited by Jas Gajaria
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Good morning, this is very old video taking rounds on social early this year just after the Jimny launch. God knows the authenticity or if it was a paid influencer job.

You must have got the ice bucket challenge now in RAK huh.

And if in today's world you believe everything you see on screen, then you are saint bro.

I don't even believe my own eyes  "unless" I see good number of repeat heros as everyone here like/drive sleeper cars and I have been fooled quite so many times by "Pride of the Land", "King of the offroad", "Best 4x4 by far" media and marketing bs and wasted ton of money and time to go home frustrated.

It's been close to an year now this new Jimny launched, and I personally have not seen 1 in the UAE desert yet. I have seen 4 - 5 on the road only.

Maybe they all are busy with liwa rounds.

Hope you know in Jimny engine swap is the most easy and RTA friendly as 4 cyl to 4 cyl, but from 1.2/4L (76-100 hp) to 2.0L (160+ hp) vitara engine that kick ass with enough body-weight ratio to make this dinky literally fly on every dune.

Well you don't believe anything other than your Pajero can do anything so that's a moot point.lol

Once you said a patrol can't do anything then even a turbo Cayenne was also useless had to post videos of both. One with me on the wheel.  

Anyways It's a fun little car which also happens to be a proper body on ladder frame chassis with a low range box. 

Weighing in slightly over a 1000kgs it's little 1.5 is good enough to have a whizz around the local sandboxes. 

Once again not everyone wants to enter pissing contests of climbing x dune from y side.

Having a playful romp in the desert as shown in the video is good enough.

And all that for cheaper than a Corolla

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/19/2019 at 3:07 AM, desertdude said:

And all that for cheaper than a Corolla

suzuki in your dreams might be cheaper ask people buying spares for it their pocket bleeds....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

suzuki in your dreams might be cheaper ask people buying spares for it their pocket bleeds....

-_- Then with the same logic why not get a bicycle. Even cheaper to run.

Where is that facepalm emoji when you need it 

• Like (+1) 1

I've seen couple of them on the road, look so cool! Not general UAE style, for sure 😃

If you want to stand out, it's your choice! 

Overall, more competition we have, better for us! Pajero is going, we have only a few options for proper off-road and Suzuki is a nice small addition to the market. 

• Like (+1) 2