•  

My First Experience as Newbie

Rahimdad

A bit late to report on my first ride with you guys, but here it goes

-Pre-ride : 

• The website is easy to understand and registering for a ride is very straightforward
  • All the info on required gear and preparation is already on the website, very well organized and extremely easy to find.
  • The ranking system is clear and shows that the club has a serious structure and can be trusted - it is an extreme sport is some ways!

-During the ride

• Great brief by @Rahimdad , @Srikumar & @Emmanuel  -> Felt at ease from the start, everything was covered in details from driving techniques, recovery methods, to safety measures
  • After 20 minutes of riding on my first dunes, I got to experience my first self-recovery with the expert help of @Srikumar guiding me on how to master the 'bleep bleep' technique! I got out in 30 seconds !
  • At this point, I was getting fed up with my traction control and @hossein showed me the lights, literally! He showed me what fuse to remove to completely disable the traction control & abs 😄. After that, I felt the power,:) all the lights came on my dashboard (the xmass lights) & I was able to make my first jump 🤣🤣
  • The break was great and I got to meet & share a meal with most of the regulars that I see on a weekly basis now.
  • Following the break, the convoy was eager to drive more so we drove for an additional 1h30 and I believe that it was at that point that was hooked 😂
  • We arrived at our deflation point and @Srikumar was kind enough to lend me his compressor so I can get going! 
  • I got home safely and at no point whatsoever during the drive, I felt unsafe or at risk like with some other clubs that I tried later on.
  • @Rahimdad's lead was excellent for newbies with a good learning curve from start to finish.

-After the ride 

• It was great to find all the pictures on the gallery, you keep a trace of each ride and I now try to take as much as I can and share! 
  • Discussing the drive and getting tips was even more natural to do on the forum since I knew most of the guys responding, and it's a way to keep in contact between two drives!

Sorry it's a long one ! 

Edited by edouard
  • Like (+1) 8

@edouard it's never too late. Thank you for your feedback. We have improved over time due to feedback like yours. Never too long also, well written and feel like going on reading more.

• Like (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...

What did you enjoy about the drive?

The desert track. 

Which part of the drive you think you enjoyed the best which you would like to repeat?

Going down Fossil Rock

Do you think there was a good mix of lecture and practical, was the lecture too long, and any part that can be avoided or done in a shorter or different way?

I remember thinking the lecture was very slow, it took a long time to go through the points, maybe if a video is created with all (or most of the points) and ask that all the newbies (or everyone) to watch it before the trip would make things faster at the briefing site. Perhaps asking some questions to make sure they watch the video. 

Do you think anything else could be added to the lecture?

It is pretty comprehensive as it is already. 

Do you think prior reading material would help?

Yes, it is not only about having fun, it is also about taking it seriously for everyone's safety.

Would you know where on the Carnity forum you would be able to find the information you are looking for?

Yes, although I mainly use the forum to share the little knowledge I gathered while growing up around cars being designed, fixed and tested.

Is there anything you think could be done in a better way?

I would suggest to make the briefing a bit faster. 

How do you suggest to make things better for the new comers? How do you think you can progress within the current atmosphere and learning opportunities provided?

Have a presentation video of what carnity is and what to expect during the drive, and what is expected from them. 

Or just some written literature they should read before joining the drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

• 4 months later...

Self-desert driving was amazing fun and much better than sitting and watching someone else drive. Being first time in the desert, it was really exciting. At first, it was a bit scary when driving in the desert, climbing and drifting down the hill...!  It’s like swimming in the ocean of sand. Those are the opportunities to explore new things.

Special thanks to team Carnity making this belated event happened in an organized way and the team members were very humble and cooperative. Thanks to Mr. Rahmimdad  @Rahmimdad and Mr. Srikumar @Srikumar for instant response to clear a refusal couple of times, and for guiding important tips of  self-recovery. Then we headed towards one of the region’s most striking areas of outstanding natural beauty known as “Fossil Rock”. Hiking to the top of Fossil Rock was amazing and truly a spectacular experience to watch the surrounding dunes. But the biggest challenge was to pass your SUV through the unforgivable Terrain, so some of us took the alternate way to reach the exit by leaving this challenge for some other level.. Great job by team carnity for bringing everyone safe and with a smile.

20191018_102009.jpg

20191018_102545.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• adildbx changed the title to My First Experience as Newbie

Thanks for sharing your experience @adildbx. It was a pleasure to finally meet you. You have a wonderful family and hope you continue to enjoy as you did last week.

• Like (+1) 3

• Gaurav pinned this topic

Important Information

Terms of use