•  
Advertise here

Finally I found the car steering cover that I have been looking for leather steering wheel cover after lot of research and patience.

Custom upholstery guys told me 350 dhs and leave car for 1 day, both things were no-no for me.

It's a DIY cover that took almost 3 hours for me to sew it together.

Driving feel is priceless now to hold this with a smile.

Pajero Steering.jpg

Pajero Steering left.jpg

Pajero Steering right.jpg

Pajero Steering side.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Finally I found the car steering cover that I have been looking for leather steering wheel cover after lot of research and patience.

Custom upholstery guys told me 350 dhs and leave car for 1 day, both things were no-no for me.

It's a DIY cover that took almost 3 hours for me to sew it together.

Driving feel is priceless now to hold this with a smile.

Pajero Steering.jpg

Pajero Steering left.jpg

Pajero Steering right.jpg

Pajero Steering side.jpg

Wow. It looks great. I would like to know where you got it from and details

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, desertdude said:

Have to say, its a nice job.

This is one of those ebay DIY sew it yourself covers ?

Nope it's not the ebay - faux leather one for 40-50 dhs.

For genuine leather there were only two options I found with legit review and product:

• Superskin - 100 - 200 dhs with shipping
  • Wheelskins - 400 - 500 dhs with shipping

Of course product wise wheelskins look and feel more premium but as it was DIY stuff and I was doubtful on my sewing skills, which I have never done it before so opted for superskin to give it a try.

As now I know the basics and gone through the learning curve, next time i'll go with the wheelskins.

Anyone wish to go this route, here are my learning that helped me a lot for great results:

• Prewax the thread to not to have fraying or entangling during the sewing process.
  • Punch the holes with same needle once before installing, as factory holes are very tight.
  • Keep adjusting the center seam during the installation, as I lost track on the thumb area twice.

Supplied thread and leather was of very nice quality that it didn't tore the leather or thread broke while I was stretching on the previously leather padded area. My size was perfect for the wooden trim, but on the leather area it was few mm short, so stretching and pulling few times did the trick and gave the snugly fitting look.

I should have done this long ago, as I was super tired with changing wheel cover every 3 months and then driving with shabby and torn wheel cover for next 3 months due to busy schedule - all the time. And we never find time for such a small thing and it will only strike back when we start driving again.

Now Im driving and keep on rolling hand on leather and fingers on the stitches to have a big smile and satisfaction.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-20 at 6.00.33 PM (2).jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Beautifully done. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Nope it's not the ebay - faux leather one for 40-50 dhs.

For genuine leather there were only two options I found with legit review and product:

• Superskin - 100 - 200 dhs with shipping
  • Wheelskins - 400 - 500 dhs with shipping

Of course product wise wheelskins look and feel more premium but as it was DIY stuff and I was doubtful on my sewing skills, which I have never done it before so opted for superskin to give it a try.

As now I know the basics and gone through the learning curve, next time i'll go with the wheelskins.

Anyone wish to go this route, here are my learning that helped me a lot for great results:

• Prewax the thread to not to have fraying or entangling during the sewing process.
  • Punch the holes with same needle once before installing, as factory holes are very tight.
  • Keep adjusting the center seam during the installation, as I lost track on the thumb area twice.

Supplied thread and leather was of very nice quality that it didn't tore the leather or thread broke while I was stretching on the previously leather padded area. My size was perfect for the wooden trim, but on the leather area it was few mm short, so stretching and pulling few times did the trick and gave the snugly fitting look.

I should have done this long ago, as I was super tired with changing wheel cover every 3 months and then driving with shabby and torn wheel cover for next 3 months due to busy schedule - all the time. And we never find time for such a small thing and it will only strike back when we start driving again.

Now Im driving and keep on rolling hand on leather and fingers on the stitches to have a big smile and satisfaction.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-20 at 6.00.33 PM (2).jpeg

Where can i get it from? Would love to give a try. 😉

any leads? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fuad said:

Where can i get it from? Would love to give a try. 😉

any leads? 

Amazon for Superskin

Wheelskins website for their product.

• Like (+1) 1