•  

31 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Totally agree on this one and also should have all expectation set in the beginning than opening any surprise on the way to detour here and detour there. I screwed two oman trips in exact same way.

Convoy driving is always a challenge. In car clubs there are agreements on keeping the pace, who is lead and second lead, etc.. 

On these drives you’ll encounter people who have never driven in convoy, and will either speed at 140 all the time without keeping an eye behind, or they will drive at 90, and stop at virtually every gas station. And when the camping part comes they will show up with no equipment, complain all night because it’s too cold or too hot, and be grumpy after a short sleep. 

I have also been in these situations and only take people along that I know and respect, as I won’t risk spoiling my well deserved holiday. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 10 months later...

I love a road trip and camping, I miss my campervan but the Montero wasn't too bad, great for sleeping comfortably in the back although a bum tent would be great (A tent attached to the back)

Here's a couple of pics camping atop Jebel Shams, awesome sunrise and the big boat looked quite impressive. 😉

jebel shams 1.jpg

jebel shams.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use