•  
Advertise here

Water Moving / Flushing Sound from Dashboard

There is air the heater matrix.

Causes can be bad radiator cap, pipe in the expansion bottle isn’t totally covered (ie low coolant in bottle), cracked pipe to expansion bottle, coolant leak or the system wasn’t bled properly. 

Id guess the system wasn’t bled properly. On pajero you need to bleed the system from the bolt/s on top of the thermostat housing. You can’t just open the radiator cap and leave the engine running. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Barry said:

There is air the heater matrix.

Causes can be bad radiator cap, pipe in the expansion bottle isn’t totally covered (ie low coolant in bottle), cracked pipe to expansion bottle, coolant leak or the system wasn’t bled properly. 

Id guess the system wasn’t bled properly. On pajero you need to bleed the system from the bolt/s on top of the thermostat housing. You can’t just open the radiator cap and leave the engine running. 

Thanks bro, till when shall i run engine to remove air ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidshk said:

Thanks bro, till when shall i run engine to remove air ? 

Just running the engine won’t work. 

This is the bleeding procedure, you can do it yourself at home if you have a 12mm spanner or socket. 

Make sure the engine is cold. Don’t try it on a hot engine or you will get scalded and it won’t work properly.

Open the radiator cap. Depending on model, your car will have either one or 2 bolts on top of the thermostat housing. If it has 2, remove the lower one first. If it has 1, remove it and leave the top one. Pour coolant into the radiator. Keep pouring until only pure coolant comes out the hole, no bubbles. There is no harm in pouring extra coolant in to be sure. 

If you have one bleeder bolt and you are sure no air is coming out, put the bolt back in and top up the radiator, job finished. 

If you have 2 bleeder bolts, once you are sure no air is coming out, close the lower bolt and top up the radiator. Then open the top bolt and repeat the process. 

I shouldn’t even have to post basic stuff like this online. Any mechanic should know this. But here in uae there are so many shitty mechanics who have no idea what they are doing but they charge low prices so people run to them even if they don’t know what they’re doing and it’s because of cheap customers chasing cheap incompetent mechanics I refuse to work on cars now. If someone offers me 1,000 dhs an hour to fix a car I won’t do it. If you make your bed you have to lie in it. Competent mechanics who charge for knowledge have negative reviews posted all over google because of price. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 hours ago, Barry said:

Just running the engine won’t work. 

This is the bleeding procedure, you can do it yourself at home if you have a 12mm spanner or socket. 

Make sure the engine is cold. Don’t try it on a hot engine or you will get scalded and it won’t work properly.

Open the radiator cap. Depending on model, your car will have either one or 2 bolts on top of the thermostat housing. If it has 2, remove the lower one first. If it has 1, remove it and leave the top one. Pour coolant into the radiator. Keep pouring until only pure coolant comes out the hole, no bubbles. There is no harm in pouring extra coolant in to be sure. 

If you have one bleeder bolt and you are sure no air is coming out, put the bolt back in and top up the radiator, job finished. 

If you have 2 bleeder bolts, once you are sure no air is coming out, close the lower bolt and top up the radiator. Then open the top bolt and repeat the process. 

I shouldn’t even have to post basic stuff like this online. Any mechanic should know this. But here in uae there are so many shitty mechanics who have no idea what they are doing but they charge low prices so people run to them even if they don’t know what they’re doing and it’s because of cheap customers chasing cheap incompetent mechanics I refuse to work on cars now. If someone offers me 1,000 dhs an hour to fix a car I won’t do it. If you make your bed you have to lie in it. Competent mechanics who charge for knowledge have negative reviews posted all over google because of price. 

Thanks a lot for your step to step process, The noise is gone after the above process 

as for above quote from you, how you are irritated by the people who don't want to pay for good service same way people like me are fed up of mechanics who take money but don't solve the problems.

Most of the mechanics can't find the exact cause of the problem rather they replace everything which might cause the problem.

In above case below are the answers which i have received for mechanics.

Mechanic 1 - This is due to AC vent blocked, Cleaning the AC vent pipe 

Mechanic 2 - Water is clogged in Heater , we need to open the Whole dash board and bleed the water out 

Mechanic  3 - This is common problem in Pajero's , Cut the heater and make it direct 

and all of above charge very premium amount for their services.

Once bitten twice shy 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

I too had this sound coming just after the mechanic replaced my car cooling fan , for which he of course removed the radiator. However, it seems to have gone so hope this was just a temporary issue.

• Like (+1) 1