•  

Newbie Drive - Tawi Nazwa/Pink Rock - 1 November

Emmanuel

@daninehme it depends on how old is your daughter and of course it’s your decision as a father, the only thing is that we need you to be focused 100% on your driving.

@Mohammed Yaasir welcome. As @Rahimdad explained, for your first time, no worries. But for next time we will ask you to get a deflator and a flag, as a minimum.

@daninehme and @Mohammed Yaasir, see you at the meeting point at 5:30 sharp for the briefing. Others, newbies and above, see you at 6 (unless you decide to attend the briefing one more time, which is never useless...). In both cases, please don’t be late...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for a wonderful drive! 

A few shots as promised :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Amazing drone footage ! 🙏🙏🙏

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Trip report - thank you @Mikhail Lukichev after that epic video with an awesome sound track and the exceptional drone footage I don't think I can say anything to top it up, but I'm still going to try.

Waking up early in the morning and preparing for the drive and breakfast all pays off when you see so many smiling faces in the morning. As we started our brief I could see the anticipation of the drive from everyone. But my appreciation to all for showing patience, although I really loved the way @Emmanuel handled the brief, he kept everyone engaged and as a force of habit I'd take over once in a while. Or maybe I took over one to many times. But we can't emphasize enough on safety and following some ground rules to understand this sport better.

As we deflated, got our convoy numbering and headed in, @Emmanuel. Did not take any chances and took a very scenic but easy route. But as soon as I commented that this was a boring drive he managed to get us a couple of stucks to keep us all involved. At this point we were on the base of Pink Rocks and @Emmanuel found that the straightest path up was the easiest one. But once all were up @Brette and I decided to do it a bit differently. Unfortunately @Emmanuel coolant hose had come off and caused the coolant to splash all over. Once the pipe was fitted back snug in its place we filled it with the only thing we had, water.

After playing on the Pink Rocks for sometime we headed out to the 2nd December Cafe to have breakfast. However finding it occupied Emmanuel decided to find some trees for shade from the sun. We drove in the opposite direction for some time to find a wonderful shaded spot with loads of trees. We settled in and started chatting about off roading with some refreshing breakfast and tea.

After we were done we packed up and headed back to 2nd December to inflate and head back home. It was a wonderful drive which saw @Mikhail Lukichev in second lead and @Atif bhai in sweep position. Both of them did well and I was overwhelmed by @Atif bhai energy in the sweep position. In the end I would like to thank all and until next time adios Amigos and Amigas.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Emmanuel @Rahimdad and everyone who participated in the drive, thanks a lot!

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @Rahimdad I appreciate your support and cooperation in dealing with team members..
You have always been humble and great inspiration for others..
Thank you  @Emmanuel make this event possible in such a simple way.. I enjoyed myself despite facing a few obstacles a couple of times for underestimating small dunes…
Thank you very much and thank you everyone for being a part of it

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use