•  
Advertise here

British food in Dubai

Barry

Searching for Lucozade original flavour in Dubai. Used to have a small handful of shops I could get it but they only stock orange flavour now and won’t order original flavour because not enough people buy it. Can order from UK but shipping prices and import taxes make it almost 20 dhs for a bottle. 

If anyone sees it around, would really appreciate knowing where. Preferably bottles. Cans have a weird taste. 

257893D5-2EE0-4D96-A022-9A04CE3048E1.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Barry said:

Searching for Lucozade original flavour in Dubai. Used to have a small handful of shops I could get it but they only stock orange flavour now and won’t order original flavour because not enough people buy it. Can order from UK but shipping prices and import taxes make it almost 20 dhs for a bottle. 

If anyone sees it around, would really appreciate knowing where. Preferably bottles. Cans have a weird taste. 

257893D5-2EE0-4D96-A022-9A04CE3048E1.jpeg

Barry, some experiences are only possible in the place of origin :-) . I hope you are able to get the original flavor , else keep it for the time you visit Britain ( another reason to go back more often). I too miss some things that I haven't been able to enjoy locally specially the UK Fish n Chips . Never got the same flavor here, although I am not really aware of any place except the London Fish and Chips in the malls here but that is no where near the ones I enjoyed in UK. If anyone knows of a place that sells the authentic Fish n Chips please let me know.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Atif said:

Barry, some experiences are only possible in the place of origin :-) . I hope you are able to get the original flavor , else keep it for the time you visit Britain ( another reason to go back more often). I too miss some things that I haven't been able to enjoy locally specially the UK Fish n Chips . Never got the same flavor here, although I am not really aware of any place except the London Fish and Chips in the malls here but that is no where near the ones I enjoyed in UK. If anyone knows of a place that sells the authentic Fish n Chips please let me know.

Jacks Plaice in sports city is good for British style fish n chips but it’s a bit expensive. I think we paid around 85 dhs each including all the extras. The food was good though, better than London in the food court. Nothing against London, their food is pretty good too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 1:17 AM, Barry said:

Jacks Plaice in sports city is good for British style fish n chips but it’s a bit expensive. I think we paid around 85 dhs each including all the extras. The food was good though, better than London in the food court. Nothing against London, their food is pretty good too. 

Sorry for the late reply but what about Mcgettigan's for some original Irish fry up pub grub.

Irish Village also has some Fish n Chips and cheaper by a few

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, desertdude said:

Sorry for the late reply but what about Mcgettigan's for some original Irish fry up pub grub.

Irish Village also has some Fish n Chips and cheaper by a few

I stopped eating pork around 2 years so I wouldn’t do an Irish fry up now. I did miss my irish breakfast breads though, particularly soda farl and potato bread. God bless Mrs B, she learned how to make them and every so often she will surprise me with some fresh irish bread. 

Ive never been to the Irish village but I hear they have a new place in studio city so I might go and check it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, Barry said:

I stopped eating pork around 2 years so I wouldn’t do an Irish fry up now. I did miss my irish breakfast breads though, particularly soda farl and potato bread. God bless Mrs B, she learned how to make them and every so often she will surprise me with some fresh irish bread. 

Ive never been to the Irish village but I hear they have a new place in studio city so I might go and check it out. 

Yes, The Studio One Hotel is now having an Irish Village, Mr. Miyagi's, and some other stuff. It's the nearest thing to my place on Al Qudra.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."