•  
Advertise here

Pajero Headlight Restoration

Dear Friends,

Headlights of my Pajero are aging; although I got them polished a year ago but the condition turned a bit bad again. 

Any recommended product which could easily be used after every 6 months? Or a garage/service center (with price estimation) who could do the job better than applying product ourself?

• Like (+1) 1

As long as the oxidisation is on the outer side it can be restored to a reasonable condition.

First clean it with a mild soap solution and with sand paper  After that you can use any product like Scratch Out to help restore the headlight.

• Like (+1) 1

On the contrary this is what gives the headlight the shine. I found a much cheaper solution which I am planning to try out on my Pathy headlights. You can use any cheap whitening toothpaste, make sure it has the granules as you need the sand paper effect. Apply generously on the headlights and spread evenly, than just a little spray of water to moist it and brush it with an old tooth brush. When you start out the headlights should feel rough. By the time you finish it would have smoothed out. Just wash and check the results. I will post my findings here as soon as I've tried this out.

• Thanks (+1) 1

You will need different grades of sand paper and go through some youtube videos out there e.g https://youtu.be/UG54xt56uZo

I believe Ace has some restoration material too: https://www.aceuae.com/en-AE/quixx-headlight-restoration-kit-lens-sealer-30-ml/1261179.html

I recently used Toyota’s own material that I had lying around for slight yellowing and it did a fair job. A proper job would definitely require abrasives and them some thing to bring back the transparency.  

@Rahimdad bhais solution of toothpaste is of course the most economical and cheap. ( Also can be used to remove the tea/coffee/ karak chai stains if used on ones teeth 😂).

Edited by Atif
  • Haha (+1) 2

I tried toothpaste and a restoration kit but did not have good results. Spoke to my mechanic and he came back with sandpaper and some water and took him only 15 mins to get it looking great again. Sandpaper was a 2000 but not sure.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@MisterPoet - DIY tips

If the toothpaste scenario dint last longer than expected :P, I would suggest to go with the sand paper rub with water + headlight polish and to complete it with a clear coat spray. (Take a 3-5 minute break after every stage)

Highly recommend brand Rustoleum enamel clear coat as I had bought 2 CANS for 60aed from Souq/Amazon, Also used the remaining on my rims for a glossy finish, make sure you do all this in a closed area, You might need 1-2 hours to complete all the above, Do watch couple of youtube videos on the same for more tips and materials required for a perfect job !!

Enjoy, All the best !!

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...