•  
Advertise here

Pajero Headlight Restoration

Thanks.

Any other recommended service provider in Sharjah or nearby Dubai areas who could do the job? I have seen some cobone and groupon deals doing it for AED 40/- but the location of garages are far ahead for a person living in Sharjah. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MisterPoet said:

Thanks.

Any other recommended service provider in Sharjah or nearby Dubai areas who could do the job? I have seen some cobone and groupon deals doing it for AED 40/- but the location of garages are far ahead for a person living in Sharjah. 

Dont be scared to try doing it your self. I have done it on a few of my cars of the years.

1. Wet sand with 2000 grit sand paper till all the discoloration is gone. Let dry for 10 minutes or start doing the other side. 

2. Once dry, wet sand with 3000 grit or higher to get the smooth glossy finish. Let dry for 15 mins.

3. Wax with any car wax and maintain it. The next time u notice it getting yellow, go straight to the 3000  grit sandpaper and buff immediately and wax. 

We have the long weekend coming up. Give it a shot. All the best. 

Edited by Brette
Typo
  • Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Brette said:

Dont be scared to try doing it your self. I have done it on a few of my cars of the years.

1. Wet sand with 2000 grit sand paper till all the discoloration is gone. Let dry for 10 minutes or start doing the other side. 

2. Once dry, wet sand with 3000 grit or higher to get the smooth glossy finish. Let dry for 15 mins.

3. Wax with any car wax and maintain it. The next time u notice it getting yellow, go straight to the 3000  grit sandpaper and buff immediately and wax. 

We have the long weekend coming up. Give it a shot. All the best. 

I was going to say the same but for someone's whose been procrastinating about getting it done by someone else for over a month doubt he'll do it himself.

I have a friend like this and he's supposed to be an engineer but won't change a fuse himself, too much self doubt. 

Forget that he once changed the car battery by someone rather than jumpstart it. Reason: oh man you never know these new cars, something might get screwed up!

So 90% of the times I end up doing small jobs on his car 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I have a friend like this and he's supposed to be an engineer but won't change a fuse himself, too much self doubt. 

For an engineer, put it on  B4 sheet of paper with the electrical wiring to the headlight and all the dimensions possible and then put down the steps to sand the headlight.. he will figure out how to do it. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you once again for your suggestion @Brette. I tried it on the long weekend and it worked.

However, I got only 2000 grit sand paper from nearby and used it, Afterwards, I used Getf1 headlamp polisher and Formula 1 Scratch Out Compound. It brought freshness in the headlights. However, the shine didn't come back. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MisterPoet said:

Thank you once again for your suggestion @Brette. I tried it on the long weekend and it worked.

However, I got only 2000 grit sand paper from nearby and used it, Afterwards, I used Getf1 headlamp polisher and Formula 1 Scratch Out Compound. It brought freshness in the headlights. However, the shine didn't come back. 

You'll need a 3000 and wetsand it.... Skipping one of the steps will not help you.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, MisterPoet said:

@MisterPoet you are welcome but you have to wetsand with 3000 grit paper, that is what will restore the shine. The 2000 basically removes the oxidation and leaves the surface rough, the 3000 will smoothen it out and give the gloss. 

You should be able to get it at any hardware store. 

• Like (+1) 3