•  
Advertise here

Al Ain man fined 40k for doing donuts

Barry

https://gulfnews.com/uae/transport/video-man-in-al-ain-fined-dh40000-jail-for-car-donuts-1.1572420661014

Some things to take away from this article,

Doing donuts is not hazardous to the driver. Irresponsible in a public place yes, but nobody has ever died doing a donut

Donuts do not occur when a “strain is placed on the vehicles suspension”

Finally, the guy wasn’t even doing donuts. From the road markings on the picture, he was fishtailing and doing burnouts 

I really hate lazy and uninformed reporting 

• Like (+1) 3

I like the other punishment better. Reckless driver made to clean Abu Dhabi streets.

Good catch @Barry uninformed and misleading the public, they think any garbage writting will do.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember a video going around, maybe last year, some local kids were doing donuts in a patrol on city walk. Sheik Mo put them to street cleaning duty as punishment. Good punishment. I love donuts but there’s a time and a place. 

In Ireland we have a thing called diff events. Every weekend there’s 10-20 going on around the country. Somebody rents a farmyard or a car park out of the way. Drivers usually get in for free and passengers and spectators pay a small fee to cover costs, £5 or £10 max. The drivers go in and do their thing, change their tyres and go home. It takes a lot of the idiots off the road and people can blow off some steam without getting in trouble. Something like that here could help a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes Awafi is big on doing all these crazy stuff within a fenced area. Also emergency staff is involved to keep things under control. But what @Barry is pointing out is at having these events more often.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Yes Awafi is big on doing all these crazy stuff within a fenced area. Also emergency staff is involved to keep things under control. But what @Barry is pointing out is at having these events more often.

I agree Specially with the cars in UAE one would want to unleash the horses. Not this way tough

@Carnity why not organise a “diff” maybe once a month where people could come and blow off some steam. 

It is stupid, I won’t deny it. But it gives young folks somewhere safe to go and blow off some steam. Outside of the 4x4 world there is nowhere for petrol heads to have any fun. The autodrome and yas marina are prohibiivey expensive. 

And they wonder why kids street race and drift between villas?

professional racing is one thing but the kids need something to aspire to

• Like (+1) 1